Most tourists enter and exit Vietnam at one of the 3 International airports, it is advised to arrange a Vietnam Visa beforehand.
18 May 2014| Last updated on 16 August 2017
A Vietnam Visa is required for most foreigners in order to enter and exit Vietnam through one of 3 international airports: Hanoi/ Ho Chi Minh City & Da Nang. Travelers are advised to arrange Vietnam Visa before their home country departure by applying online for the 'Approval Letter' first, receive the letter by email, then get Visa Stamped on their passport at a Vietnam Airport upon arrival.
Vietnam Visa On Arrival is an alternative way to obtain Vietnam Visa Online.
After filling in the online application form and paying the service fee, you will receive the approval letter from 1 hour to 2 working days (depending on the type of Visa processing selected) by email. Copies of the same document will be forwarded on your behalf to Vietnam Immigration checkpoints at International Airports only.
When you arrive Viet Nam, the Immigration officers will have these documents ready and will be able to issue your entry visa quickly.
Apply Vietnam Visa now on www.vietnamvisa.govt.vn, you will surely be granted entry upon arrival in Vietnam with the approval letter.
First check online to see if you are eligible for visa on arrival. If you are not you will have to contact the local Vietnam Embassy in your country for a Visa the be stamped on your passport before arriving in Vietnam.
In order to apply for a tourist visa online and pick up your visa at Vietnam airports, the following information is required:
- Your name on passport: it is your full name appears on your passport, name order is not important, so you can place either surname first or first name first.
- Your date of birth: in Vietnam, the date format will be DD/MM/YYYY
- Your Nationality or passport: the passport you are using to enter Vietnam (UK, US or Australian)
- Your passport number: as shown on your passport and should be valid for 6 months at least from the date of arrival.
- Date of arrival: it is not necessarily exact, you can fill in with proposed date of arrival, however, please be advised that you can just enter Vietnam later not earlier.Photos: photos are required at Vietnam airport only