The temporary portal is in place to assist the return of Qatar residents who have been stuck abroad.
5 August 2020| Last updated on 5 August 2020
As of August 1st, the application for Exceptional Entry Permit to Qatar is now available on the Qatar Portal.
This temporary portal will ensure the return of residents who have been stranded abroad during the temporary entry lockdown to the region, during the COVID-19 outbreak.
This new development acts towards the counties 'Phase Three' plan for easing restrictions, and allows applications to be submitted under the following accounts - one for Qatar residents and citizens and another for visitors and business representatives.
How to apply for an Exceptional Entry Permit
To apply for the Exceptional Entry Permit, click here and follow these instructions:
- Create a new account on the Qatar Portral, or log in to your existing one.
- Click on “Apply for Exceptional Entry Permit”.
- Read the terms and conditions.
- Prepare all required attachments before starting your online application.
- Enter the application page and fill in the required information correctly and completely as shown in passport.
- Enter your email (you will receive the status of your application by email).
- Print the permit and keep a copy of it a s well as a a copy of quarantine undertaking to be presented to airport officials.
Note that residents must enter the QID and a personal mobile number, while Qatar visitors (non-residents and non-citizens) must enter their email and number before moving to the next step of adding personal details.
For more information, call 109 from inside Qatar or +974 44069999 from outside Qatar.
For COVID-19 concerns in Qatar, the public can contact a 24/7 toll-free hotline 16000.