Qatar's summers can be a bit difficult to handle. If you’ve ever spent summer in the country, you’ll definitely relate.
11 May 2017| Last updated on 21 August 2017
Much like the rest of the GCC, Qatar’s summers can be a little bit difficult to deal with. At first, you enjoy the sun and clear skies, but as the temperatures rises, you start questioning how you will ever survive the sizzling heat.
If you haven’t been paying attention, here are some signs that summer is upon us!
1. You decide not to bring a cardigan with you
But then you quickly realise that wasn't very smart...
2. The AC is on 24/7
The “turn it up/turn it down” AC arguments ensue with colleagues.
3. You have two hot taps
It’s hot or…hot.
4. You turned off the water heater
There’s just no point anymore…
5. Your car feels like an oven
The first few minutes after entering the car feel like you’re melting.
6. And you burn yourself just trying to hold the steering wheel
And those leather seats, what were you even thinking?
7. Your sunglasses fog up the minute you step outside
The struggle is real.
8. Outdoor plans are out of the question
Yes, sure, you just remembered that really important thing you had to do...
9. The sand at the beach burns your feet
And you hop quickly into the water, just to find out it’s just as warm.
10. You start asking yourself the one question you ask every year around this time…
“Why is it so hot so soon?”