Outdoor swimming pools in hotels across Qatar is set to open from Monday July 13.
13 July 2020| Last updated on 13 July 2020
Eager to take a fun dip back into the waters? Qatar hotels have reopened their swimming pools to the public.
In efforts aimed at implementing phase two of lockdown restrictions across the country, the General Secretariat of the Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) have announced that outdoor swimming pools in hotels can reopen this month.
The decision is in line with the second phase of the "Qatar Clean" program, starting from July 13th, 2020.
QNTC and the Ministry of Public Health have set compulsory measures that hotels must comply with to protect the health and safety of guests and employees against the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Health clubs, gyms and indoor swimming pools in the hotel facilities must remain closed until further notice
- Swimming pools have a 50% maximum capacity
- Social distancing practices (minimum distance of 2 metres) must be attained by all guests while inside the swimming pools
- Only chlorine swimming pool water is permitted for use
- Standard safety regulations concerning swimming pools must be followed by Lifeguards on duty