Paying your water & electricity bill is made simple by the facilities they have for residents. We have a list of the options...
27 August 2013| Last updated on 2 August 2017
The Bahraini Government gives its residents a number of ways in which they can settle their water and electricity bills. The web portal set up by the government gives an insight into how utility bills, among many others can
be paid, we have a short guideline here too.
There are seven different ways to pay your water and electricity bills and municipality rates:
1 – Over the counter – can be paid at the EWA customer service centers located in Country Mall, Muharraq and Isa Town respectively. The bills can be paid using a number of methods including cash, cheque and credit cards.
2 – Post Office - All post offices in the Kingdom are offering the services of receiving Electricity, Water bills during the official working hours. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, credit and ATM cards.
3 – Bank – Banks authorised to receive payment for water, electricity and municipality rates: National Bank of Bahrain; Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait; Bahrain Islamic Bank; Ahli united Bank; Bahrain Saudi Bank; Bahrain Shamel Bank; Arab Bank; Standard Chartered Bank; HSBC; Citi Bank; Albaraka Islamic Bank. The payment can be made in any way that is offered by the banks.
4 – Telephone – using an authorised credit card. Pay by calling the Manama customer service office number on: +973 17 227 447 or +973 17 576 570
5 – Mail – This form of payment can only be made with a cheque. A/C payee cheque along with the bill. Please write your electricity, water & municipality account & contact phone no. on the back of cheque, mail it to:
EWA Customer Services Directorate
Manama Kingdom Of Bahrain
6 – Internet (through EWA website or the e-government portal) – Here is a quick guide on how to pay your bills via the internet:
1. Go to the website and Choose the language you prefer (English orÚÑÈí) Then Click on eServices then click on bills payments, you will be linked to eGovernment Portal.
2. Choose the type of ID, either CPR or CR. Then Enter the ID number as applicable then customer Account number then Click on(Submit)
3. Bill information will be displayed, including Customer account number, name and total amount due then select Payable Amount then Click on (Continue)
4. Select your payment mode either Credit Card or ATM Debit Card ATM (BENEFIT) & enter corresponding Card Information to complete payment then Click on(Continue)
5. Enter your Card details by completing all fields then Click on(Continue)
6. Ensure that the bill information are correct, if yes Click on (Pay)
7. You can print a copy of the receipt for future reference.
For any queries or information,
8:00 am to 8:00 pm
(Saturday to Thursday)
7 – Bank Direct Debit - Fill in the Monthly Direct Debit Request Form which found at any of EWA's Customer Services Centres:
1. Manama Customer Services Centre.
2. Muharraq Customer Services Centre.
3. Isa Town Customer Services Centre.
For more information, please call the 24 hours service:
(+973) 17 515555