No luck with schools | ExpatWoman.com
 

No luck with schools

17
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 22 April 2013 - 23:54

Hi there!
We are still living in Doha and with my husband's job we never know when exactly we will move to AD so that was the reason I didn't apply to any school in January.
My daughter will be 4 and half in September 2013 and now the company said we will move to AD till September so I started last month to search for schools. I guess I applied to most of schools and no luck - on waiting list everywhere.
The only option is Repton School in Al Reem which is still under construction but they might have a place. But the problem is that 55 000 AED is way too much for us, so I was thinking maybe to make only 1 year in Repton but then to try to find a place in another british school. Will it be difficult to change school?
What would you do in my situation?
Thx in advance - i am really having a headache with all school issues now ((

4747
Posts
EW MASTER
Latest post on 23 April 2013 - 08:18
When I sent online all the docs to BISAD they answered me saying they have some places available for FS1. The registar got me wrong (she thought I needed a place now in mid-year) so I sent another email saying that we are looking for a place for Sep 2013 and no more respond after that :-( I've sent 2 more emails but nothing from them (( GEMS Cambridge I applied online but first u must pay registration fee and even if u pay it won't guarantee school admission (which I find a bit strange - I would pay for sure if first they told me they still have places for FS2) no thats right, you have to pay admin fee, usually only 500dhs but thats how its done here. gems cambridge is a brand new school as will repton for next academic year so those will be your best choice.
17
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 23 April 2013 - 00:50
When I sent online all the docs to BISAD they answered me saying they have some places available for FS1. The registar got me wrong (she thought I needed a place now in mid-year) so I sent another email saying that we are looking for a place for Sep 2013 and no more respond after that :-( I've sent 2 more emails but nothing from them (( GEMS Cambridge I applied online but first u must pay registration fee and even if u pay it won't guarantee school admission (which I find a bit strange - I would pay for sure if first they told me they still have places for FS2)
4747
Posts
EW MASTER
Latest post on 23 April 2013 - 00:21
http://www.nordanglia.com/abudhabi/
4747
Posts
EW MASTER
Latest post on 23 April 2013 - 00:20
have you lookedat bisad?
4747
Posts
EW MASTER
Latest post on 23 April 2013 - 00:20
http://www.gemscambridgeinternationalschool-abudhabi.com/home.php?&parentid=933
4747
Posts
EW MASTER
Latest post on 23 April 2013 - 00:19
Hi there! We are still living in Doha and with my husband's job we never know when exactly we will move to AD so that was the reason I didn't apply to any school in January. My daughter will be 4 and half in September 2013 and now the company said we will move to AD till September so I started last month to search for schools. I guess I applied to most of schools and no luck - on waiting list everywhere. The only option is Repton School in Al Reem which is still under construction but they might have a place. But the problem is that 55 000 AED is way too much for us, so I was thinking maybe to make only 1 year in Repton but then to try to find a place in another british school. Will it be difficult to change school? What would you do in my situation? Thx in advance - i am really having a headache with all school issues now (( i know thats its too late now, but i would have put in the application anyway just in case as you dont pay anything until you secure a place. repton will be expensive, same as brighton college which is now in its second year, have you looked at the new gems cambridge international school over in baniyas, its new this september and will be a lot cheaper. the younger ones are the most difficult age groups etc. no there is no problem swapping schools, they do have rules when you can do it though, up to 15th november if changing curriculums and 15th feb changing schools.