30-day electronic visas are available for GCC residents interested in travelling to the UAE, and here is how to apply for one
11 August 2023| Last updated on 14 August 2023
A step-by-step guide on how to apply for a 30-day UAE eVisa for GCC residents.
If you're an expat resident living in any of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, and you wish to visit the United Arab Emirates (UAE), you may need to apply for a 30-day eVisa to enter the UAE.
Residents in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar are eligible to apply.
GCC residents can apply online through the UAE Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security's (ICP) official website.
What are the requirements for the 30-day UAE eVisa?
Here are the main documents required to apply for the GCC residents' UAE eVisa:
- Valid residence visa from one of the GCC countries (must be valid for at least 3 months).
- Valid passport copy (must be valid for at least 6 months).
- Coloured passport-sized photo. Before you upload the passport photo it must meet standards and requirements mandated by ICP.
- If you're applying for family members who will be travelling with you, proof of kinship is required.
- Home country's government-issued national ID (this requirement is dependent on your nationality).
You may be asked to provide additional documents, which depends on the information you put in your eVisa application.
How to apply online for GCC residents' 30-day UAE eVisa?
The eVisa application for GCC residents is available through the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security’s (ICP) official online services platform - smartservices.icp.gov.ae.
For apply for the UAE eVisa, you will need to submit your application through the ICP official website. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Visit the ICP Smart Service Platform and either register for or sign in with your UAE Pass Account.
- On your account dashboard, select the ICP department of the emirate you will be entering. For example, if your port of entry is in Abu Dhabi, click the Federal Authority For Identity and Citizenship Abu Dhabi.
- Select 'Issue Entry Permit For GCC Resident' and click 'Start Service'.
- Fill up the application form along with the required documentations.
- Once you've submitted the form, you will get a 15-digit request number/transaction number which can help you track your eVisa application's status.
- If your application is successful, you will receive an eVisa in your email typically after 2-5 working days.
How can I check my UAE eVisa's application status?
If you're curious to know the status of your UAE eVisa application, you can check only by visiting the ICP Smart Service Platform, click on the 'Quick Search' bar, enter your 15-digit transaction number, and click 'Inquiry'.
Once done, the system will show you the status of your application.
How much does the 30-day UAE eVisa cost?
Below is a breakdown of the fees you can expect to pay for the 30-day UAE eVisa for GCC residents:
- Smart Service Fee - AED 100
- E-Service Fee - AED 28
- ICP Fees - AED 22
- Request Fees - AED 100
- Issue Fees - AED 100
Applicants will need to have around AED 350 ready for payment.