Dr. Amer Elbaba is a Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital in Abu Dhabi.
8 February 2021| Last updated on 8 February 2021
Dr Amer Elbaba is a British consultant gynaecological surgeon with 16 years of experience working in several public and private hospitals across the UK.
Dr. Amer provides expert opinion to women with prolapse, incontinence and to women wishing to have minimally invasive treatment including hysteroscopic resection of fibroids and laparoscopic myomectomy/hysterectomy.
He is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer (Associate Professor) at the University of Leeds (UK).
Dr. Amer is one of very few surgeons who are dually qualified by the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) and the Royal college of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG, CCT). He finished his medical degree in 2004 following which he started his research fellowship at St George’s hospital in London.
He then completed his basic surgical and urological training between Northampton and Sheffield. He was awarded a postgraduate diploma in Urology from the University of Middlesex in London, UK. He was subsequently awarded a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Dr. Amer completed advanced training in three areas: Urogynaecology, Benign Gynaecology (hysteroscopy & laparoscopy) and advanced labour ward practice.
- PGDip (Urology)
- Minimal access surgery for heavy periods and fibroids (endometrial ablation, hysteroscopic resection of fibroids & laparoscopic hysterectomy)
- Minimally invasive surgery for prolapse (laparoscopic mesh hysteropexy, sacrospinous fixation)
- Minimally invasive treatment for incontinence (TVT, TVT-O, bulking agents & laparoscopic colposuspension)
- Minimally invasive surgery for ovarian cysts (laparoscopic)
- Minimally invasive surgery for endometriosis
- Advanced intrapartum care to pregnant women (ATSM trained)