Dr. Rida S. Baruni is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Consultant at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital in Abu Dhabi.
8 February 2021| Last updated on 10 February 2021
Dr. Baruni graduated with an Honors MBBCh from the University of Tripoli.
He then trained in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at the University of Toronto. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada.
He holds a Clinical Fellowship in Chronic Pain Management from the University of Toronto and was a Clinical Assistant Professor (Division of PM&R, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada) and Medical Director (G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada).
He had established and chaired the first Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at SEHA / SKMC for over 10 years. He also chaired the DOH Special Committee on Disability Assessment and Occupational Health for a two-year term.
- MBBCh (Member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia, Canada)
- FRCPC (Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada)
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of chronic neuro-musculo-skeletal impairments in adolescents and adults
- Chronic pain management
- Comprehensive chronic migraine headache management including Botox
- Prosthetics and orthotics assessment and prescription
- Myo-fascial trigger point injections
- Dry needling
- Tendon, ligament and joint injections
English and Arabic