The highly-anticipated theme park has finally opened its doors in the UAE’s Capital
29 July 2018| Last updated on 13 November 2018
With six lands, 29 rides and the world’s most iconic characters, here’s our complete guide to Warner Bros. World in Abu Dhabi.
Finally, the world’s first ever Warner Bros. World theme park is open to the public, and its right here in the UAE’s Capital.
Located on Yas Island, visitors to the branded indoor theme park will find they’re transported to the worlds of their favourite characters for an entirely immersive experience.
Inside, you’ll find six lands – Bedrock, Dynamite Gulch, Cartoon Junction, Gotham City and Metropolis. Across these themed lands, you’ll find 29 state-of-the-art rides, with interactive family-friendly attractions and live entertainment.
Plus, you can meet your favourite superheroes and cartoon characters; including DC Comics stars Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman, as well as Bugs Bunny, Scooby-Doo and the lovable Tom and Jerry. Not forgetting your favourite modern stone-age family, The Flintstones.
The park itself is 1.65 million square feet on Yas, and cost an estimated $1 billion to complete.
What are the opening hours of Warner Bros. World?
The Warner Bros. World park on Yas Island is open from 10am until 9pm, with rides and attractions operating between 11am and 8pm.
How much are tickets for Warner Bros. World?
Visitors to the new Yas Island park have ticketing options, each offering a package that suits everybody’s needs. Prices start at AED 295, with different packages available for families and annual passes. Fast passes are also available.
Image credit: Antonie Robertson/The National
What’s inside Warner Bros. World?
As it officially opened to the public on July 25th, 2018, here’s what you can expect to see inside when you visit Warner Bros. World in Abu Dhabi…
Warner Bros. Plaza
This is the park’s central hub, and is art deco-inspired, allowing access to the park’s 6 lands. There’s no rides here, but you’ll find lots of dining options for lunch, afternoon tea or for snacks.
This is where you’ll find your favourite DC Comics and Justice League superheros; including Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, The Flash and Green Lantern. Of course, Superman lives here also – as well as Teen Titans and Supergirl.
There are four rides in Metropolis:
- Justice League: Warworld Attacks – an immersive 5D ride
- Green Lantern: Galactic Odyssey – a 4D flying theatre experience
- Superman 360: Battle for Metropolis – a 3D attraction
- Teen Titans Training Academy – take on zip coasters, net climbs, rope bridges and more
In Metropolis, you’ll also find four dining options; including a coffee shop, quick-service restaurant, a Metropolis diner and a walk-up market perfect for snacks.
Step back in time to the modern stone-age Bedrock, packed with iconic features from the legendary family favourite show – The Flintstones. Here, you’ll have the chance to meet Fred Flintstone, his family and friends as you explore the prehistoric town.
Suitably themed, you’ll find four attractions in Bedrock, including:
- The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure – a scenic tour of Bedrock with dinosaur-sized trouble
- Bronto Burgers and Ribs – the perfect go-to if you have a Dino-sized appetite
- Mammoth Munchies – satisfy your munchies with a prehistoric snack
- Bedrock Boutique – pick up a prehistoric memento
Pictured: Bedrock Land in Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
Over in Dynamite Gulch, you’ll find things a little bit crazier and on the wacky side of things. Here you’ll meet Wile E. Coyote and his full-speed friend Road Runner while on their hair-raising adventures. Meet up with Yosemite Sam, as well as The Jetsons.
Here you’ll find:
- Fast and Furry-ous – a fast ride as you try to catch Road Runner
- The Jetsons Cosmic Orbiter – take a ride in your own spacecraft
- Marvin the Martian Crater Crashers – bump and smash in a space pod
- Yosemite Sam Rootin’ Tootin’ Gas – grab a souvenir
This exhilarating, whimsical town is the perfect place for fun… Along with your favourite cartoon characters, you’ll find yourself in the middle of all sorts of escapades.
Meet the likes of Tom and Jerry, plus Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo in this land packed with rides, attractions and more.
In Cartoon Junction, you’ll find:
- Tom and Jerry: Swiss Cheese Spin – it promises twists, turns and hilarious havoc
- Scooby-Do: The Museum of Mysteries – join Scooby and the Mystery Inc crew and follow the clues
- Cartoon Junction Carousel - Climb aboard iconic cartoon vehicles
- Daffy Jet-Propelled Pogo Stick – test ACME’s latest invention with Daffy
- Tweety Wild Wockets – spin around as you and Tweety steer clear of Sylvester
- Ricochet Racin’ with Taz – buckle up and get ready to giggle on this children’s car ride
- Ani-Mayhem – become ACME’s next Employee of the Month
- Acme Factory – be a product tester for ACME Corporation
As well as the rides, you can enjoy the Meet Bugs! (And Daffy) show, where Bugs needs our help! Take on the role of Looney Tunes characters in this live interactive show.
For dining, you have the choice of a quick-service ACME diner, enjoy a pastry treat at Huckleberry Hound Pies as well as ice cream with Yogi Bear and Boo Boo and Cotton Candy with Penelope Pitstop.
For those of you who enjoy retail therapy, there’s plenty of shopping choice in Cartoon Junction. Head to C.J. Mercantile, the Hare Salon, Fudd Hardware, Daffy Snacks and the ACME Company Store for souvenirs from your memorable day at Warner Bros. World.
Pictured: Cartoon Junction in Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
Home to Batman and a collection of evil, scheming Super-Villains, Gotham City is as brooding as you’d expect. Find your favourite Gotham City characters here, including The Joker and Harley Quinn, and Scarecrow too!
The rides you’ll find in Gotham City are:
- Batman: Knight Flight – a high-speed, high-octane ride that spins you through Gotham City
- Scarecrow Scare Raid – a fearfully frightful, interactive ride
- The Riddler Revolution – a thrilling coaster ride through Gotham City
- The Joker Funhouse – a villainous twist on the classic carnival walkthrough
- Rogues Gallery Games – test your skills with a splash of sin and a coat of crime
Feeling peckish? Head to the Hall of Doom for dinner, or head to the Mr. Freeze Ice Scream Truck for some sub-zero sweets. There’s also the Gotham City’s Finest, a quick-service diner perfect to visit for lunch.
For a spot of shopping, there’s Park Row Pawn Shop, Monarch Theatre Gifts and Cat’s Eye Jewelry. Plus, satisfy your sweet tooth Harlequin-style at the Harlequin Confections or check out Gotham City’s style at Cobblepot Formal Wear – inspired by Oswald Cobblepot himself.