How to Get a Newborn Visa in Kuwait |

How to Get a Newborn Visa in Kuwait

Congratulations! You have a new baby in the family. Now you can find out here how to get your bundle of joy a visa.

Posted on

1 July 2014

Last updated on 4 July 2017
How to Get a Newborn Visa in Kuwait

Among the hustle and bustle of visiting relatives, learning to be parents and keeping your little kiddie happy, you need to make sure your newborn has a visa, also known as an iqama

Requirements for the Newborn Child Kuwait Visa

  • The father can sponsor his child's residence
  • No minimum salary requirement
  • Official birth certificate for the child

How to obtain an Expat's Newborn Child certificate

The hospital at which your child was born will advise a written notification of the birth, and they will also provide the address. It is written in Arabic. Other documents required to gain the birth certificate are as follows:

  • Application form
  • Photocopes of parents' passport
  • Photocopies of parents' Civil IDs
  • Authenticated marriage contract
  • Proposed first name of the child

Procedures for certificate

  • Submit the application form and requirements at the registry
  • Pay the fee amounting to 10KD
  • Pick up the birth certificate at the registry after 7 days

Procedures for the Newborn Kuwait Visa, Passport and Residency

To obtain residency for your new baby, their name must be added to the parent's passport. 

Another way is to obtain a separate passport for the child, which is a more common option. If a child has their own passport, they can travel without you if necessary. 

A requirement for a child's passport is a certified translation of the child's birth certificate, and other non-Arabic Embassies require an authenticated certificate by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kuwait.

Once your baby's name is added to your passport, or when they have their own, their residence can be obtained. There are no special proceudes for obtaining a newborn's residence at this time, and the fee for the actual residence application is 10KD per year.

Parents on a domestic servant visa are not allowed to keep their child in Kuwait. You must obtain an exit visa for the child, which can be applied for from the Ministry of the Interior. There is no fee for the exit visa.