UAE new labour laws 2011 | ExpatWoman.com
 

UAE new labour laws 2011

1
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 14 March 2011 - 17:59

If anyone knows the new UAE labour laws 2011, I would really appreciate your help below:

I have been working in my current company in Dubai since June. I have a limited contract of 3 years with a 3 year visa provided by my company. My company is an LLC company and not in Free Zone. If I want to change jobs after being with my company for one year, is it possible? Will I need an NOC letter? Will I get a year or 6 months ban?

Thanks so much!

2222
Posts
EW EXPERT
Latest post on 15 March 2011 - 09:44
No - as you signed your contract for a three year contract before this law came into effect, they may still be able to ban you if you don't complete the three years. You will also be liable to pay them compensation as per your contract / MOL laws that apply to you.
1
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 15 March 2011 - 09:41
Thanks everyone for their help and thanks for the link - was really informative. So basically what I have read is that if I change jobs before working for 2 years with my current company I will get a 6 months ban?
332
Posts
EW EXPLORER
Latest post on 14 March 2011 - 18:14
A number of law firms have written about this topic, the following might help: An employee on a fixed term contract that is longer than two years needs to be careful as this new rule would only apply to an employee that has completed the relevant fixed term (i.e. they will not be exempt even if they break the contract after a period of two years). In fact, such an individual will face a one year ban according to Article 128 of the UAE Labour Law if he/she breaks his/her contract prior to the expiry of the fixed term. Source: http://www.hadefpartners.com/News/pageid/120-137/default.aspx?Mediaid=160
 
 

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY