These Covid rules must be followed by those attending UAE National Day 2021 and Commemoration Day events.
3 November 2021| Last updated on 3 November 2021
Temperature checks will be done for all attendees, and a negative PCR test must be shown.
The UAE National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) has announced several Covid-19 rules as part of the country's National Celebration safety protocols.
During the UAE 50th National Day and UAE Commemoration Day events, attendees and on-site staff must adhere to the following rules:
- All attendees of the event must present negative PCR test results conducted less than 96 hours prior to the activity.
- Temperature checks must be done before entry for all event attendees.
- Face masks must be worn while indoors or in crowded areas.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres, however this doesn't apply to members of the same family or the same household.
- Attendees must have either 1.) Received a Covid-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the event; 2.) Have gotten a booster shot; 3.) Or, must have a green status on their AlHosn app.
The events are capped at an 80% maximum capacity for attendees, and are open to all ages.
During the UAE National Day and Commemoration Day events, specialised teams will be present at the venues to ensure that everyone is following Covid-19 safety protocols and guidelines.
As of Wednesday, the UAE Ministry of Health announced 79 new cases of Covid-19, 102 recoveries, and zero coronavirus-related deaths.