Public transport in Dubai is becoming even more accessible with 7 new bus routes and changes to 24 existing routes
26 September 2017| Last updated on 19 January 2020
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced that they will be opening up 7 new bus routes in Dubai, 2 new metro links and make changes to 24 routes as part of their expansion program.
The new routes and changes to old ones is an initiative from the RTA to aid in the growing demand for public transport, specifically bus services. The ongoing urbanisation and business development in Dubai also had a big impact on the decision to implement this.
The new routes will be available from Tuesday, September 26th, 2017.
The new routes are as follow:
|25||Al Qusais Indl Area Terminus 2||Damascuse Road||Airport Terminal 2||20-minute intervals|
|95||Gold Souq Bus Staiton||Jebel Ali Indl Area||Jebel Ali Waterfront||60-minute intervals|
|X02||Al Ghubaiba Bus Station||Al Mankhool Road||Al Satwa||15-minute intervals|
|X22||Business Bay Metro Station||Al Nahda Area||Al Qusais Indl Area Terminus 2||30-minute intervals Saturday to Thursday|
|X24||Union Square Metro Station||Ras Al Kor Indl Area||Al Nahda Terminus 2||15-minute intervals Sunday to Thursday|
|F19A||Business Bay Metro Station||U Bora Tower||Bay Square||10-minute intervals Saturday to Thursday|
|F19B||Business Bay Metro Staiton||Burj View Central||Bay Square||10-minute intervals Saturday to Thursday|
You might also be interested in...
- The RTA Introduces New Self-Service Payment Kiosks in Dubai
- A Guide to Dubai's Public Transport
- A Guide To Dubai's NOL Card
The following routes have been improved:
- Route 61: Al Ghubaiba bus Station to Ras Al Khor Industrial and end at Samari Residences Hotel
- Route A64: Gold Souq bus Station to Ras Al Khor Industrial and end at Samari Residences Hotel
- Route 99: UAE Exchange M/S to the Control Tower and end at Jebel Ali bus Station
- Route F44: Ibn Battuta M/S to Energy Metro Station via Jebel Ali Parks and Al Muntazah Complex nearby Jebel Ali Village. Route J01.
- Route 8: A stop has been added at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort
- Routes F23, 24 and 22: Stops have been added at Al Nahda 1 and Al Rida Mosque Routes D03 and DO3A
- Route F07: Tunis Street stop has been added
- Route: F54: New stops added at JAFZA, ENOC Petrol Station, NAFFCO, and the Clock Tower Roundabout at Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority
- Route X28: Stop added at Rashid bin Bakheet Mosque, Jumeirah Street
- Route E16: Stop added at Wadi Al shabak, Al Awir
- Routes F03, C28, 10, 13, and 64 have been revised and the service will no longer stop at Naif Police Station Stop
- The paths of Routes C01, C19, F14, and F41 have been revised
- Route 300 serving the International City area has been abolished and the public can use the alternative Routes: 365, 366 and 367 serving the same area
- Route F19 has been replaced by F19A and F19B
- The public can use the new Route 25 instead of F27