This is fantastic news for expats in Dubai
1 May 2019| Last updated on 1 May 2019
In need of an alcohol licence? The process of getting one is now a lot easier for expats...
The pros of having a liquor licence in Dubai span further than simply being able to buy alcohol in a store, like African + Eastern... Having one means you are legally protected to consume alcohol and store it in your home.
In fact, as per the UAE's law, it is an offence to buy, transport, store alcohol as a resident in Dubai without a valid alcohol licence. We know that there are some expats living here who take the risk - but really, it's much better to be safe than sorry when it comes to the law... Especially when getting one is now super easy, and really affordable!
Until now, previous requirements for getting your alcohol licence included having to get an NOC letter from your employer or sponsor, your tenancy contract AND your salary certificate, showing earnings of over AED 3,000 per month.
Now, all you need to submit your application is a copy of your Emirates ID, a passport copy, residency visa copy, and a passport photo.
Which means non-Muslims who are aged 21 years and above who were not able to apply earlier can now do so... And be legally safe AND secure!
How to apply for an alcohol licence in Dubai
In order to get your Dubai liquor licence you need to be non-Muslim, over 21 and living in Dubai.
To fill in an application form online, simply take the following steps:
- Head to www.alcohollicencedubai.com first
- Click 'Apply Online' and sign up or login
- Read the requirements of applicants and click 'Apply Now'
- Fill in your personal details
- Fill in your government and employment details
- Upload the required documents; a copy of your passport, Emirates ID, visa and tenancy contract (optional)
- Don't forget your passport sized photograph!
- Confirm, pay and arrange delivery of your licence
If you'd prefer to apply in person, visit any one of the 17 stores in Dubai to submit your application.
How much does an alcohol licence cost in Dubai?
Once you have submitted the necessary documentation either online or in person, you will need to pay the fee of AED 270 for your alcohol licence. Then, when your application is confirmed, it will take up to four weeks to process.
Why you should apply with African + Eastern
Did you know? African + Eastern is the largest alcohol retailer in the Middle East. They have 28 stores in the UAE, and 5 in Oman - and their team is made up of over 400+ people across both countries.
By applying for your liquor licence with African + Eastern, you'll get access to their extensive portfolio of beer, wine, and spirits, and will always find what you're looking for when you shop online or at one of their conveniently located stores.
Their mission is to create long, enduring relationships with beer, wine and spirit customers through their first-class service, the HUGE range they offer and all at a great value!
Monthly limits have now changed
Applying for your UAE alcohol licence through African + Eastern also means that the monthly limits that used to come with an alcohol licence are now much more flexible.
Before, alcohol licence limits were based on the individual's salary - and limits were set either at AED 500, AED 750, AED 1,000 or AED 1,500. Now, customers can set their own monthly limits!
The list of vouchers with your licence is HUGE!
Here's the list of vouchers, which comes with every licence distributed from African + Eastern...
- 25% off on your next purchase or your choice of AED 270 worth of free products at any of our Dubai stores
- 25% off on your next purchase at The Cellars Fujairah store
- 25% off on your next purchase at The Cellars Ras Al Khaimah store
- AED 100 Introduce a Friend Voucher
- 2 for the price of 1 on a bottle of House Wine at Irish Village, Garhoud
- AED 150 off your total bill at Warehouse, Le Méridien Dubai
- 15% off your total bill at McGettigan’s DWTC
- A complimentary bottle of house red or white wine with every two main courses purchased at Maison Mathis
- AED 150 off your total bill at Cargo, Pier 7
- 2 FOR 1 on Buena Onda Friday Brunch at Goucho Dubai, DIFC
- Free Pint of Budweiser on purchase of a grilled platter at Sama Lounge
- Free main course of lesser value with any main course at Oregano
- Free bottle of house wine at Malecon, Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa
- Karaoke Pod hire for 6 people at Lucky Voice, Dubai
- Free bottle of house wine at Capana Nuova, Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa
- 2 FOR 1 on a bottle of House Wine at Barasti, Le Meridien Mina Syahi Beach Resort
- 2 FOR 1 on house beverages at Bahri Bar, Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
- Free bottle of Antares Wine with Purchase of 2 Main Courses at Speakeasy, Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach
So what are you waiting for? Apply for your alcohol licence today!
Or press click to contact to get in touch directly with the African + Eastern team for more information.