How can you stay healthy while traveling? The following tips from Boecker® can help
21 June 2018| Last updated on 25 June 2018
Whether you’re flying, riding in a bus or traveling by train, seat backs, seat pockets and lavatories can be germ-ridden. And if a sick passenger a few rows ahead of you sneezes, you may be too close for comfort.
Germs in transit
Do you know who touched that seat-back tray on that plane before you - or what may have rested on it? And what about that pocket that held magazines? Because other passengers may leave behind a dirty tissue or store a dirty diaper in a seatback pocket, it’s not unusual for germs to breed there.
You may have washed your hands after visiting the restroom, but then you grabbed the doorknob to open the door before heading back to your seat. Bathrooms in trains, buses and planes - just like any other public restroom - can contain germs on the door handle, toilet seat, sink and faucet.
If you’re feeling well when you leave home, there’s no reason you can’t feel just as well on arrival. By taking some extra precautions, you can arrive at your destination healthy.
So how can you stay healthy while traveling? The following tips can help:
- Wipe down armrests, trays and seat pockets with antibacterial wipes. Cold viruses and flu germs can live up to eight hours on such surfaces.
- If you will be sleeping on-board a train, plane or bus, bring your own pillow and blanket.
- Drink plenty of water. Dry, re-circulated air can affect the mucous membranes in your nose and throat, making it easier for germs to enter.
- Open the air vents above your seat to help blow any airborne germs away.
- When using a restroom onboard, use a paper towel to flush the toilet, turn on the faucet and open the door. Then follow up with an antibacterial gel.
- Close the lid to the toilet before flushing. Flushing can release microorganisms into the air.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently and keep your hands away from your face.
Boecker® is the largest Public Health company in the Middle East, protecting you and your loved ones from pests and germs for more than 24 years. To know more about our disinfecting services call us on 04 44 97 730 or email us on [email protected].