There’s really nothing quite like the Dubai Marina. Here are some experiences you'll likely relate to if you've ever lived here!
6 April 2017| Last updated on 9 April 2017
There’s really nothing quite like the Dubai Marina. It’s a popular spot among so many expats, young and old. Those who are lucky enough to call it their home know just how special the area is.
If you’ve ever lived in the Dubai Marina, you’ll definitely relate to these… And if you haven’t, then here’s a glimpse into what life there is like!
1. It takes you 20 minutes just to get down the street
And if you need to do a U-turn? That’s about three lights at least.
2. You rarely feel the need to leave the Marina on your days off
Everything you can think of is there, so why would you?
3. You cry a little on the inside when you have to pay your ridiculously expensive rent
The sacrifice is so worth it though!
4. Being able to walk to Barasti is the ultimate treat
Don’t even pretend that you don’t go there!
5. You have front row seats to the fireworks
Braving the New Year’s crowds is just so unnecessary.
6. You can go on a pub crawl without leaving the building
Pier 7 is just heaven sent.
7. The Cayan building still trips you out
It’s not every day you see a twisty building.
8. You’re used to seeing people risking their lives
With all the best views, it’s like a playground for daredevils.
9. The constant construction drilling has become comforting
The quietness would just be too weird.
10. You have exotic animals right in your own backyard
Whale sharks just like to drop in for a visit. No big deal.
Whale Shark chilling at Dubai Marina pic.twitter.com/GY4fOtvh5l
— Khalid | خالد (@kharta3) 27 August 2015