As the weather gets colder, Dubai in winter features exciting activities, surprises, and festive events at every corner
29 October 2019| Last updated on 4 November 2019
It's the time of the year where you can comfortably spend a day outdoors in Dubai
The humidity is leaving, the weather is getting colder, and rain has started to drizzle across several emirates... winter in Dubai is just around the corner and there's so much to look forward to throughout the cool season! With the countdown to the festive celebrations, New Year's Eve, and exploring limited winter attractions like Global Village, residents and tourists will find heaps of wonderful outdoor activities to do.
We've rounded up 8 brilliant outdoor things to do in Dubai for winter, so best start pencilling these in your diary...
1. Fly Superman style across Dubai's waters
- What: Flyboarding
- Location: JBR, The Palm Jumeirah, and Dubai Marina
- Average price: Between AED 200 to AED 300 per person
One of the latest water sports activities to wash up on the coasts of the emirate, flyboarding involves riding a board that's attached to a hose and a jetski engine. The engine lets out strong pumps of water, enabling the board to lift up in the air at 10 metres high. Perfect for thrill-seekers, you can maneuver the board using the attached hand controls or by changing your weight distribution on the board.
2. Explore over 78 countries in a massive part-shopping, part-theme park in Dubai
- What: Global Village
- Location: Exit 37, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road and Emirates Road
- Date: October 29, 2019 - April 4, 2020
- Hours: 4 PM - 12 AM (Sat to Wed), 4 PM - 1 AM (Thurs - Fri)
- Ticket price: AED 15 per person.
The massive multicultural shopping, entertainment, and leisure attraction returns to Dubai for its 24th season from October 29, 2019 to April 4, 2020. Tourists and residents can enjoy the cool winter weather while visiting over 78 pavilions from around the world, cultural shows, and dining options.
3. Private pool and beach access at a luxurious resort
- Location: The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai Marina
- Hours: Daily, from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- Price: AED 299 (mid-week) per adults where you'll enjoy AED 150 worth of food and beverages; AED 399 (weekends) per adults with AED 150 to spend; AED 100 per child.
Guests at the fabulous Ritz-Carlton, Dubai can enjoy gorgeous views of Palm Jumeirah, cool green landscaped gardens, bask under the pleasant winter sun, and enjoy private beach access or any of the 5 outdoor swimming pools.
4. Indulge in the bold, romantic flavours of Arabian cuisine
- Location: Amaseena, The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai Marina
- Hours: Daily, from 5 PM to midnight; buffet starts from 7 PM to 11 PM
- Price: AED 249 per person for the buffet; AED 299 for the special seafood buffet; AED 299 for themed dinners on Wednesdays and Thursdays
Treat yourself on a foodie trip across the Gulf, with sumptuous meats, delicious freshly-caught seafood, and sweet Arabian delights under exuberant Bedouin inspired tents and palm trees shading and swaying in the gentle sea breeze.
Accompanied by live Arabian music every night. Wednesdays and Thursdays offer special themed nights with exotic belly dancing, aromatic shisha, and the rich flavours of a special menu.
5. Treat your tastebuds to an award-winning London food scene
- Location: London Social Brunch, The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai Marina
- Hours: Fridays at 1 PM - 4 PM
- Price: AED 395 for the Jubilee package, inclusive of soft drinks; AED 495 for the Victoria package, inclusive of soft drinks and beverages; AED 650 for the Piccadilly package, which has all drinks plus free-flowing, premium beverages
It's no surprise why this was named "Dubai's Brunch of the Year" by Shortlist Magazine, your tastebuds will travel throughout London's buzzing food scene as it takes on the spicy flavours of Little Beirut and Banglatown, and British classics such as fish and chips, and Yorkshire pudding. Guests can enjoy 12 live cooking stations and other U.K favourites - all to a live duo performing old and new British music.
6. Beach and brunch for the whole family
- Location: Palm Grill, The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai Marina
- Hours: Every Saturday - pool and beach access at 10 AM - 6 PM; brunch from 1 PM - 4 PM
- Price: AED 275, inclusive of soft beverages; AED 395, inclusive of soft drinks and pool/beach access; AED 575 for all of that, inclusive of a 30-minute relaxing massage; AED 175 for children, inclusive of the brunch, pool, and beach access; kids aged 5 and below go FREE
Enjoy a leisurely brunch by the beach while taking in the picturesque views of the Arabian Gulf. With live music in the background, island-inspired beverages, a wide selection of grilled favourites and freshly-caught seafood, and access to the pristine private beach and swimming pools, guests are truly spoiled for an afternoon of relaxation and leisure.
7. Glow with the winter flow at Dubai Garden Glow
- Location: Zabeel Park, Gate No. 6 & 7, Area – B
- Hours: 4 PM - 11 PM (Sat to Thurs); 4 PM - midnight (Friday)
- Price: AED 65 per person
Colour, light, and imagination come together at the wondrous Dubai Garden Glow, where everyone in the family will witness over 120 animatronics, interactive attractions, delicately-made ice sculptures, and eco-friendly artworks, delicious dining options, and more!
8. Go on a thrilling outdoor adventure at Adventura
Perfect for nature enthusiasts and adrenaline-junkies at any age, Adventura makes for the ideal winter activity for Dubai tourists and residents. Experience a day of fun through 85 exciting challenges, 25-metre Tarzan jumps, zip lines, and the great outdoors.
- Location: Mushrif Park
- Hours: 10 AM - 9 PM (Sun - Wed); 9 AM - 10 PM (Thurs - Sat)