Louvre Abu Dhabi Attracts 1m Visitors | ExpatWoman.com
 

The Louvre Museum In Abu Dhabi Has Had Over One Million Visitors So Far

November 11 marks the one year anniversary of the Louvre Museum’s opening in Abu Dhabi

Posted on

11 November 2018

Last updated on 24 July 2019
The Louvre Museum In Abu Dhabi

And what a year its been

Since the opening of the museum in November of 2017, Sunday marks the one year birthday of the Louvre Museum in Abu Dhabi.

According to the stats, the Louvre Museum broke all sorts of expectations over the past year – recording more than one million visitors ever since the opening.

SEE ALSO: 8-Years in the Making: Watch the Rise of the Louvre Abu Dhabi

This vast number of visitors helps put the Louvre Museum in the World’s top 70 museums to ever reach that many visitors in such a short duration of time.

And out of those 70 museums around the globe, the Louvre Museum is the only one from the GCC to be ranked on the list.

Releasing the exact number of visitors, the Louvre Museum recorded almost 40% of visitors to be from residents in the UAE while the remaining 60% are tourists from abroad.

SEE ALSO: 5 Hidden Treasures To Look For At The Louvre Abu Dhabi

What took place over the year

Since it’s grand opening, the Louvre Museum has witnessed the following:

  • 6 temporary exhibitions
  • Regular lectures
  • Artistic performances
  • Film screenings
  • 1,000 school visits
  • A second installation to the children’s museum
  • 40 new loads from Agence France Museum
  • 11 new art acquisitions
  • A spectacular performance by Dua Lipa
  • And that’s just to name a few.

7th urban wonder of the world

The Louvre Museum was also voted to be the 7th urban wonder of the world back in October for being a top travel preference of people aged between 18 years old and 35 years old.

It made the list and scored a high vote in:

  • 1. Local cuisine
  • 2. Architecture
  • 3. Heritage and culture
  • 4. Diversity
  • 5. Activities
  • 6. Instagram worth

SEE ALSO: The Louvre Museum In Abu Dhabi: 7th Urban Wonder Of The World

 
 
Vikings Final Season on STARZPLAY

Pictured: Bjorn Ironside (Alexander Ludwig) talking to children | Image credit: STARZPLAY

MWTC Women's Matches

Rising start Amanda Anisimova set to debut in Abu Dhabi this December