Are the BT-150 Digital monitor available in Dubai? | ExpatWoman.com
 

Are the BT-150 Digital monitor available in Dubai?

152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 17 March 2011 - 18:42
Gentle Bump for Dubai Cat :)
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 16 March 2011 - 00:07
I think we have this one. It's definitely BT, anyway! Our only complaint is that the battery runs down pretty quickly but we are forever guilty of leaving it on the base and apparently that's what does it. I'm going home on the 26th, back on April 7th - if you want to order one and have it delivered to Mum's I'm happy to bring it back for you. Wow..Thanks a lot DC thats really nice of you and I would love to take you up on the offer :) I'll probably order it from Amazon uk, as they seem to have the lowest price GBP 50 approx. My email id is [email protected]. Thanks again.
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 15 March 2011 - 23:40
We had one of these a couple of years ago, and it stopped working quite quickly. In fact, it was only when we heard screaming in the distance that we realized it had just switched off. If you double-check the 1-star reviews on Amazon, you'll see lots of people have had this problem with this monitor...I really would not recommend it. When we returned it, they acknowledged it was a manufacturing fault - which is outrageous, because that would mean it's not fit for purpose. We went for the best-selling Philips one as a replacement, and that one has been reliable for over a year now. I think you can get it here, perhaps in Babyshop? Hope this helps - sorry I don't want to rain on your parade about the BT monitor, but I wish someone had warned us! Thanks for sharing your experience eclaire...Its just that DH has researched this and is **** bent on getting this one even though its not available here!
722
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 15 March 2011 - 21:45
We have 2, ordered from amazon, have had no problems whatsoever, and think its one of the best out there...
277
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 15 March 2011 - 19:46
No I dont think its available in Dubai, I got it from Amazon and had it shipped directly to my shop and ship account in the UK. Its a really good monitor the sound quality is excellent. It also has loads of cool features like the torch on the parent unit (such a good idea for checking on your baby in a dark room) and a nightlight which you can adjust.
2937
Posts
EW EXPERT
Latest post on 15 March 2011 - 19:13
I think we have this one. It's definitely BT, anyway! Our only complaint is that the battery runs down pretty quickly but we are forever guilty of leaving it on the base and apparently that's what does it. I'm going home on the 26th, back on April 7th - if you want to order one and have it delivered to Mum's I'm happy to bring it back for you.
39
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 15 March 2011 - 19:02
We had one of these a couple of years ago, and it stopped working quite quickly. In fact, it was only when we heard screaming in the distance that we realized it had just switched off. If you double-check the 1-star reviews on Amazon, you'll see lots of people have had this problem with this monitor...I really would not recommend it. When we returned it, they acknowledged it was a manufacturing fault - which is outrageous, because that would mean it's not fit for purpose. We went for the best-selling Philips one as a replacement, and that one has been reliable for over a year now. I think you can get it here, perhaps in Babyshop? Hope this helps - sorry I don't want to rain on your parade about the BT monitor, but I wish someone had warned us!
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 15 March 2011 - 18:41
I read that these were not available in Dubai but just thought I'll ask if maybe someone has seen them around now. In case someone is selling theirs or if you know of any Uk Stores that will deliver directly to Dubai....please let me know. Have read some great reviews on it & I am really after one! Tia
 
 

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY