We take a look at what the PRO in your company will need in order to process your residency visa in Dubai
23 November 2014| Last updated on 19 January 2020
Life in the UAE is great, there is so much to see and do in the country and an ample amount of possibility for travel and exploration. Many people find love in the UAE. However, in order to live in this beautiful country you will have to have a sponsored residency visa - your sponsor can either be your employer, spouse or parent. It is impossible to live here without sponsorship.
If you are considering a move to the UAE here is what you have to know about finding a job in Dubai and the documents that you will need in order to process your residence visa.
If you do not live in Dubai
If you have secured a position at a company in Dubai here are some documents that you will need to have at the ready to send to your potential employer - however don't worry too much as every employer will send you the requirements that they have for a visa:
- Passport scanned and emailed in colour
- A photograph scanned and emailed in colour on a white background
- You will be asked to fill in a form which will ask for detailed information including your parents' and spouses' details
If you do not live in Dubai here is some additional advice about the documents that you may need:
- Check if your country has an embassy in the UAE - if they don't start attesting your certificates in your home country and have those attestations verified by the UAE consulate
- Documents include: birth certificates, driving license, marriage certificate, degree certificate etc.
You may also be interested in:
- Converting your driving license in Dubai
- Working on your husbands visa
- A full guide to getting your wife and children their residency visas
If you came to Dubai on a tourist visa and have since found a job
If you came to Dubai on a tourist visa specifically to find a job ensure that your visa is processed ASAP as your employer may hold you responsible for overstay visa costs if you hold up the visa process. Here are the documents that you will need to give your employer:
- Your original passport and two copies
- Your entry stamp into the UAE (usually in your passport) and two copies (or your visa cancellation if you are changing jobs within the UAE)
- 8 passport photographs with a white background
Additionally your employer will have to submit some other documents including:
- 2 copies of your contract
- The local ammendment fee of AED810 - note that this should be paid by the employer.
Once all these documents have been lodged the PRO will recieve a local amendment slip along with a pouch for you to take to the Emirates ID Authority and the Medical centre. This is where you will have to submit an application for an Emirates ID and have your medical examination conducted.
Once you have completed your medical exam and applied for the ID you will just hand the pouch back to the PRO - all documents intact. The visa should be complete within a couple of weeks thereafter.
Please remember that if your company is applying for a visa on your behalf you will not be eligable to travel while your passport is with the PRO. Also please note that your passport must have at least 6 months validity before a visa will be processed.