There are a number of ways in which you can pay your DEWA bill in Dubai
16 June 2013| Last updated on 4 September 2017
The utilities provider Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) are the sole provider of electricity and water in Dubai, and they make it incredibly easier to keep on top of your monthly payments.
Whether you're renting in Dubai or a property owner yourself, there are numerous methods of paying your DEWA bill available.
DEWA smart services
Let's start of with the easiest of the options... DEWA's smart services! There are a variety of smart ways in which you can pay your bills, which run on many smartphone systems like Apple's iOS, Android, Blackberry OS and Windows OS systems.
To download the app and keep track of your usage, bills and customer account you can download the relevant one for your smartphone by clicking on any of the following links: Apple iOS | Google Play | Blackberry World | Windows Store
DEWA website (ePay)
You can conveniently pay with your debit or credit card(s) on DEWA's safe and secure website, by visiting www.dewa.gov.ae at no extra cost. VISA, Master Card, Diners Club, JCB card and Unionpay credit cards are accepted.
Pay via SMS on mobile (mPay)
To use this service for DEWA bill payments, you must first register. To sign-up for DEWA's mPay you must visit mpay.dubai.ae to activate the service.
TOP TIP: You can also activate DEWA's auto payment feature that will automatically deduct the DEWA bill amount from your credit card every month.
DEWA Customer Happiness Centers
If you wish to pay your DEWA bill at one of their centers, you can find the nearest one to you below:
- Head Office (Za'abeel East)*
- Al Hudaiba Customer Happiness Center*
- Al Wasl Customer Happiness Center*
- Umm Ramool Customer Happiness Center*
- Burj Nahar Customer Happiness Center*
- Ayal Naser Customer Happiness Center
- Jebel Ali Industrial Area Customer Happiness Center
- Discovery Gardens Customer Happiness Center
- Customer Happiness Center at Dubai Municipality - Al Manara Center*
- Customer Happiness Center at Dubai Municipality - Al Twar Center*
- Customer Happiness Center at General Directorate of Residency & Foreign Affairs - Head Quarters
- Customer Happiness Center at General Directorate of Residency & Foreign Affairs - Jebel Ail
- Al Quoz Sustainable Building*
- Hatta Customer Happiness Center
The average waiting and serving time for bill payments at all DEWA Customer Happiness Centers are 1:45 minutes for both. Please plan and allow adequate time in your schedule - and possibly take a book to read!
Payments in DEWA's Customer Happiness Centers can be made in two ways:
- Cash counters by cash
- Cheque drop box facility available in the above centers marked with a * - just make sure your mobile and DEWA account number is on the back of the cheque before dropping it off
Pay by P.O. Box mail
All A/C Payee crossed cheques, along with the remittance advice for the bill should be posted to: Dubai Electricity & Water Authority, P.O. Box 564, Dubai.
You can pay your bills from the comfort of your car at the Al Wasl and Umm Ramool Customer Happiness Centers.
Etisalat public payment machines
If you are an Etisalat customer, you can actually pay your DEWA bill by using Etisalat's public payment machines that are dotted across Dubai. To see the full list and a map of all of the locations, you can visit this page.
Pay at petrol stations
DEWA account holders are able to pay their bills at any ENOC/EPPCO petrol service station in Dubai. To see the full list and a map of all locations, you can click here.
Emirates Post offices in Dubai
Residents of Dubai can pay their bills at any Emirates Post Office in the UAE. To see the full list and map of all locations, go here.
At the bank
There are several banks in Dubai that accept DEWA bill payments through a number of different channels, including:
- Direct debit: At partner banks, your DEWA bill can be automatically deducted from your bank account every month.
- ATM machines: Bills can be paid at ATM machines in many banks in Dubai.
- Teller counters: DEWA's partner banks do offer the service of paying your DEWA bill payments via their tellers during office hours.
- Phone banking: This service is available to customers who have phone banking enabled with their bank account.
- Mobile banking (smart APP): You can pay your bill through your banks own smartphone application.
The only bank in Dubai and the UAE that accepts DEWA payments from all customers (ENBD customers and non-ENBD customers) is Emirates NBD.
Banks that accept DEWA payments to account holders only are as follows: Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Ajman Bank, Commercial Bank of Dubai, Dubai Bank, Emirates Islamic Bank, First Gulf Bank, Mashreq Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Sharjah Islamic Bank, Noor Bank, National Bank of Fujairah, RAK Bank, Union National Bank, Citi Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank, United Arab Bank, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Barclays Bank, HSBC Bank - Middle East, Dubai First, Arab Bank, Habib Bank AG Zurich, National Bank of Abu Dhabi, Al Hilal Bank.