A guide to your Final Exit Visa for Saudi Arabia: how to apply, required documents and much, much more
6 May 2018| Last updated on 8 May 2018
When you decide that you would like to return home from Saudi Arabia then you will have to apply for a final exit visa. This visa is to ensure that your employer granted you permission to leave the country and that all your accounts and bills have been settled before you leave the country.
Here is how you can apply for your Final Exit Visa in Saudi Arabia:
In order to apply for your Final Exit Visa you will require the following documentation:
- Iqama (Valid Resident Permit)
- Valid Passport
- NOL Letter from Employer
Before you can start the procedure of applying for your Final Exit Visa in Saudi Arabia you will first have to ask your employer for a Non-objection letter that you may leave the country.
After you have received the NOL letter from your employer, you can follow the following steps to apply for it online:
1. Go to the official MOI website
2. Log in to or register for an MOI Account
3. Once you have logged into MOI’s website, select “eServices” from the top menu.
4. Select “Passports” on the left-hand menu and then select “Dependent Services” on the right-hand side.
5. You will now see a list of the types of visas that you can process. Press “Next” and select the relevant dependent and select “Issue Final Visa.”
6. Confirm that the Iqama information and passport number is correct on the website and select the Terms and Conditions. (Read through everything and select “OK”)
There are no fees associated with applying for your Final Exit Visa as long as your residence permit is still valid.
- Sahara Mall Crossing of King Abdulaziz King Abdullah Rds.; 011-4520329, 011-4771100
- Flamengo Mall
Crossing of south ring road, Hamza Rd.; 011-4403451, 011-4771100
- Al-Sadhan Mall
Khurais Rd. east of Riyadh
- Al-Sadhan Mall Al-Selaimanyya
North of Riyadh
Al-Tahliya Trading Center
Al-Tahliya Road; 012-2635001
- Morning Timings: Saturday to Wednesday from 09:00 am to 12:00 am
- Evening Timings: Daily from 04:00 pm to 09:00 pm
How to check your final exit visa status via the Ministry of Interior
To check your Final Exit Visa status, you can simply log in to your MOI account. You can also view the status by selecting “Public Query of Exit/Entry Visa” on the MOI website.
Next, enter your Iqama number, sponsor ID, image code and passport number into the relevant blocks and select view.
You will be able to view the status of your visa via the pop-up that will appear on your screen.
The Final Exit Visa takes approximately 60 days to be issued and is then valid for another 60 days thereafter. It is important to know that once the Final Exit Visa has been issued the iqama cards’ validity doesn’t count anymore. Dependent fees must, however, be paid up until the expiration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should my beneficiaries be in the country for me to process their final exit visa?
If you are a beneficiary who is listed on someone else’s visa then you don’t need to be in the country while your exit visa is being processed. Your sponsor can simply apply for and process your visa regardless of where you are.
What if you have already left Saudi Arabia?
A person who had already left Saudi Arabia cannot process his final exit visa if he isn’t in the country. You need to be in the country in order to process your final exit visa.
What if I don’t return to Saudi Arabia to fix my visa?
If you permanently leave Saudi Arabia without processing your final exit visa then you will be banned from the country for 2 years. This might not be a problem for some people but others might want to return in future and then cannot enter the Kingdom again because of the ban.
It is best to ensure that your final exit visa is processed before you leave the country, else you will more than likely face numerous challenges when you want to return to the Kingdom.