Expat guide to selling a car; the documents you'll need, where to advertise & all the process you will need to follow.
27 September 2013| Last updated on 20 June 2017
Selling your car in Saudi Arabia is easy if you have all the correct documentation and if you can find a buyer who is willing to pay you the amount of money that you are asking for. There are many ways in which you can advertise your car. Just ensure that your car’s istimara (registration) and MVPI are valid. If they are not valid you will not be able to sell your car legally in the Kingdom.
Advertising your car
The best way for a private sale is to advertise your car on a used car website. There are a couple that are popular among expats in Saudi Arabia. This is some of the information you should include in your advertisement.
- The make and model of the car and the year of manufacturing (Kia Sorrento 2008).
- The milage
- Whether you are the first owner or not
- Some pictures of your car from the front and side angles
- The price that you intend to sell your vehicle for, also include if this price is negotiable or not
- If your car has been involved in any accidents, the buyer will most likely bring a mechanic so even if you do not mention it in your advert, tell them when they arrive
- If your car is accident free – mention this as well
If you choose to take your car to a used car showroom you will not get as much money for it as you would have had you sold it to an individual buyer. However if you are in a hurry to sell then a used car showroom would be your best bet.
If you find a buyer for your car, the next step would be to take the car to the showroom where the sale can be processed.