In Saudi Arabia you must have a valid Exit / Re-entry visa in order to travel for the purposes of business, leisure and study.
26 September 2013| Last updated on 27 June 2017
In Saudi Arabia you will receive an exit and re - entry visa.
The Ministry of Interior today announced that starting from September 7, 2013 it is no longer necessary to carry the hard copy of the exit / re-entry visa.
Exit / Re-Entry Visa
The Consulate does not have the authority to extend an exit re-entry visa if the applicant’s stay outside the Kingdom exceeds seven (7) months or, for students, thirteen (13) months. The duration of the visa is estimated from the first exit of the applicant from the Kingdom after issuance of the visa.
- A passport valid for at least six (6) months, with at least two (2) empty visa pages adjacent to each other.
- One (1) recent passport size color photograph with a white background. Photograph(s) must be full-face shots in which the applicant is facing the camera directly. Side or angled-views are NOT accepted.
Guideline for Accepted Photographs for Saudi Visas
The photograph has to be a passport size photograph (2”x2”)
Photograph has to be full-face view in which the applicant is facing the camera directly. Side or angled views are NOT accepted.
White background, no exceptions.
Please use tape, paper clip, or ONE staple only to stick the photograph to the application. DO NOT USE more the one staple, and DO NOT use glue.
DO NOT place staple on applicant’s face, forehead, or clothing. It should be placed at either top or side of the photograph.
Photograph has to be recent, not older than 6 months.
IF PHOTOGRAPH DOES NOT FULFILL ANY OF THESE GUIDELINES, VISA APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED.
- A completed application form filled-out with a black ink pen or printed. Application forms can be downloaded from the website at http://www.saudiembassy.net/. Please include your email address on the application.
- A copy of the family registration, which is a printout that can be obtained from the office of the Directorate General of Passports in the city in the Kingdom in which the applicant resides. This should include complete information on the applicant.
- A letter from the Saudi sponsor to our Consulate requesting the extension of the re-entry visa. This letter needs to be notarized by a Saudi Chamber of Commerce if the sponsor works for the private sector; or by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs if the sponsor works for a government agency.
- Spouses and children of the person working in the Kingdom should include a letter from such person sent to our Consulate requesting an extension to their exit/re-entry visas. This letter needs to be notarized by a Saudi Chamber of Commerce if the sponsor works for the private sector; or by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs if the sponsor works for a government agency.
- Students should not reside outside the Kingdom for more than thirteen (13) months from the date of their first departure using the current exit/re-entry visa.
- A student must submit proof of current enrollment in school along with a notarized letter from the guardian who is a resident in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- A copy of a valid residence permit along with a copy of the last extension if applicable; this must be provided before the extension is granted.
- Minors (under 18 years of age) travelling alone or with one parent must submit a notrized letter of authorization, in either in Arabic or English, signed by both parents or legal guardians.
- Select one entry rather than multiple entries, when using "ENJAZ" to apply for exit/re-entry visa.
- Log on to https://enjazit.com.sa/ . Click on “Apply for a visa to enter the Kingdom by individuals.” Complete the online request for an Employment visa. It is important to record the request number on the application and present it to the Consulate. Please read the Guideline for enjaz online application.
- Mailing Passport: Include a prepaid return label and envelope (from FedEx, UPS or USPS only) with the return address label filled out completely. A proper prepaid return envelop must include a “PRE-PAID” label. Return envelops showing only account numbers are no longer accepted as proof of pre-payment. Credit cards, checks, money orders or cash will not be accepted for return mailing. Any package without a proper pre-paid return envelope and label will be put on hold until a proper return envelope is received. It is the applicant’s responsibility to determine the EXACT return shipping costs. All labels must have a tracking number, and applicants are advised to keep both incoming and outgoing tracking numbers for their records. The Embassy does not send international packages. Mailing addresses.
The exit/re-entry visa is free of charge.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's laws against drug trafficking are strictly enforced. Violators are subject to severe punishment, which may include the death penalty.