Our Guide to the Ultimate Baby Registry Checklist
From nursery preparation to toys and safety items... Take a look at our list for inspiration
19 June 2019
With a baby on the way, planning everything you want to do and get done can be extremely stressful.
Putting together a baby registry will help you have one very big thing ticked off the list. Particularly as friends and family will be wondering what to get you and your newborn, so a registry will help them find the perfect gifts for your and your little one.
What to put on the registry can sometimes be daunting, there are just so many options. We’ve made a list to help make your life that bit easier.
Finishing and filling your nursey before the arrival of your little one will help make bringing them home a slightly smoother task. But choosing what to fill it with, is not always the easiest decision.
- Having a changing table is a good place to start, consdering you will be changing a lot of diapers, getting a pad is also a good idea.
- Your baby is going to (hopefully) be spending a lot of time sleeping so a crib that is comfortable and safe is key. There is such a huge variety with some that are more suited toward newborns and other than will last into the toddler stages.
- A baby carrier, whether its a sling, carrier, or wrap, finding one that suit both you and the baby is crucial as you will both be spending a lot of time using it. Check out our previous article for more carrier options
- Strollers will help you and your baby navagte life with ease. For more stoller and pram options have a look at this list of our favourites.
- A car seat is crucial to keep your little one safe when getting from A to B.
- If your travling with your baby, having a portable crib will help you both sleep better throughout the night. Why not check out this bassinet, changing table with napping cot functions that can also be used as play yard
- You can never be over prepared when it comes to diapers, whether you will be using disposable or resuable ones, you can never have too many diapers.
- Wipes are the next thing you can never have too many of. This is the perfect necesisty to put on your regiesty.
- You never know when your going to need rash cream, thats why it's alwasy helpful to have a bottle lying around.
- Having a place to keep the essentials all together when you rout an about is a must. There are loads of choices, wehter your looking for something colorful, target="_blank">simple or plain there is sure to be one for you.
Breastfeeding & Bottle Feeding
- Comfort is key, so why not add a pregnancy pillow to your registry.
- Breastfeed bra and pregnancy bras are a nessecity for evey mum to be.
- A good breastpump is a must have for every mum to be.
- Sometimes you don't alwasy have your bottles with you, so having back up bags is always helpfu.l
- You will need and be thankful to have burp cloths, trust us.
- Bottles are a major essential. Having ones that has a carrieer to keep the bottles insulated and clean is a bonus!
Clothing and Sleeping
- Having clothes for your newborns to come home to is essential, there are endless options when it comes to color and style.
- Who doesn't love cute and comfy clothes to sleep in.
- Baby blankets are the perfect gift.
- This swaddle set has exactly what you need.
- You can never go wrong with a water proof materess protector.
- Safety is so important when you bring a baby into your home, if you have pets, or even when it comes time for your baby to start walking, baby gates are a great thing to have.
- Baby proofing is a good idea, but sometimes there is so much to do, it can become overwhelming, so having a set
- Last but defnilaty not least, a baby moniter is the perfect item to add to your registery.
is a great place to start.