Due December 2011 | Page 4 | ExpatWoman.com
 

Due December 2011

143 posts / 0 new
Last post
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 05 June 2011 - 11:43
Hi GrenArdo. Congrats! I'm due 31st but will be having (third) c-section around the 16th. It will be my first elective one.. How old are your other two?
19
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 05 June 2011 - 11:18
Well, Ladies, I guess I'm joining the club.. with very very late date in December :-) Having first scan this coming Tuesday. This will be my third baby - they say you can not stop after having first two :-) What is good, I do not have sickness at all - somehow tomato juice is helping me. Really wishing soonest recovery for all those who suffer.
12
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 05 June 2011 - 10:41
Hopefully it will all stop soon anyway but apparently you can try taking ginger supplements if you can't stand ginger - could be worth a try too! :)
51
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 03 June 2011 - 22:20
hi mover and a sheikha. Actually ginger is the one thing I haven't tried. BUT ginger used to make me feel REALLY sick before I was pregnant (cannot stand the stuff) so unfortunately I cannot bring myself to go near it :(
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 03 June 2011 - 22:09
mrsjbr - no I haven't tried Navidoxine, I have been on some other sickness tablet call primperan. I think my Dr said that Navidoxine was not great to be in if I was working full time - im going to see him on Tuesday so I will discuss with him although Im hoping that the sickness will have eased by then as I will be 13 weeks on Monday. Bexx - thanks for the advice about the milk - the idea does make me feel sick but it is worth a try (can't make me feel any worse than I do!) My DH has just gone shopping so I have told him to make sure he buys some - fingers crossed it works. Hope everyone is taking it easy and looking forward to their scans :) can't wait until mine on Tuesday so i can finally start telling my friends and family. Very late and you've probably been drinking it loads, but does fresh ginger tea help? At least when you puke it doesn't taste vile. Fingers crossed you get better very soon.
51
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 03 June 2011 - 15:28
mrsjbr - no I haven't tried Navidoxine, I have been on some other sickness tablet call primperan. I think my Dr said that Navidoxine was not great to be in if I was working full time - im going to see him on Tuesday so I will discuss with him although Im hoping that the sickness will have eased by then as I will be 13 weeks on Monday. Bexx - thanks for the advice about the milk - the idea does make me feel sick but it is worth a try (can't make me feel any worse than I do!) My DH has just gone shopping so I have told him to make sure he buys some - fingers crossed it works. Hope everyone is taking it easy and looking forward to their scans :) can't wait until mine on Tuesday so i can finally start telling my friends and family.
12
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 03 June 2011 - 10:48
I've probably completely jinxed myself regarding the morning sickness too! I was really bad last night but prefer that to during the day at work. Still eating really boring plain food but I think I'm just learning to manage it better - yours does sound a lot worse kts. It's so miserable :( I know it sounds disgusting but a lady I know who had it so bad that she had to go to hospital every morning to go on a drip for an hour told me to try drinking a small glass of milk when you wake up in the morning. It also helps to eat before you get up so I make hubby bring me milk and a piece of toast in bed and the days I have that I'm loads better. (Just hold your nose while you drink the milk!) I think its ok to buy a couple of things once you're 12 weeks mrsjbr! That's what I'm waiting for :) And my mum has already been looking at knitting patterns!! I was like, erm, seriously, you can knit?!?! I think it must be an ability that is acquired automatically on hearing that you are going to be a grandma!! lol!
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 02 June 2011 - 18:57
Hi ladies, KTS - has your doc given you Navidoxine? It was a lifesaver for me when I was really sick..... DC Diva - I too have cursed myself re morning sickness, it is back with a vengeance although thankfully only late afternoon onwards.... Me and hubby are really tempted to go shopping and buy a couple of little baby things just to really make it real - or is it too soon?? Have a great weekend xxx
51
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 02 June 2011 - 18:47
Hi girls, Wish I could say the same as everyone else about my morning sickness but unfortunately it is showing no signs of leaving me. Im now 12 weeks 3 days and was really hoping it would be gone by now. I am sick morning and night (but feel sick all day). The anti sickness tablets the Dr gave me have done nothing :( I am getting fed up now as I really want to be able to go for dinner with friends but cannot even stomach the thought of sitting in restaurant - infact im too scared to go anywhere incase im sick. REALLY hope it goes soon so I can start living a normal life again and not feel like my life is just being at work or being in my house! Want to be able to eat normal food instead of living on ready salted crisps, pasta and chips! lol.
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 02 June 2011 - 10:16
Hey Bexx! Excellent news. I am only praying for the day when we ALL can say our MS is totally gone! I think I spoke to early in my previous post and jinxed myself :(. Its back! Mover- So happy your little one was dancing away!! So was mine. Such a great relief. This in between time when we don't feel much of anything but are just growing is harsh! I can't wait till I cna count the kicks daily. At least I know for sure somethin is goin on in there! Ta Ta for now ladies! :D
12
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 02 June 2011 - 10:10
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. My MS has definitely improved now (just coming to the end of week 10 so very relieved!) Great news on the heart beat scan Mover! Thanks for the info DC Diva - unfortunately looks like my insurance doesn't cover that clinic either - damn insurance companies! I had the same issue with Dr Natalya as well that she only delivers at Medcare. I've been told either City or American for delivery but again, my insurance doesn't cover American! I've decided to pay the extra for the NT scan to see Dr Natalya and then just see the gynacologist at my GPs for the next couple until I get my appointment with Dr Elsa. Sooo complicated!! :) I know Dr Raj is very good at American though. I saw her for some other issues and a colposcopy a couple of years ago and I know she has a good reputation for deliveries too. Does it feel more official now that you've told everyone mrsjbr? Very exciting! :)
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 01 June 2011 - 16:32
Scan was good. Little tacker was dancing away! Phew!
105
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 01 June 2011 - 10:16
Best of luck Mover and do keep us posted on how ur scan went today.
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 01 June 2011 - 09:54
Cross fingers for me. I've got my much delayed 1st heart beat scan today. Have only just got myself strong enough to recieve bad news. Not that i want that! Just had to be prepared after a stressful few months.
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 01 June 2011 - 09:23
We're breaking the news to all our friends and family tomorrow, looking forward to finally being 'properly' pregnant (despite the morning sickness and slightly bulging tum, keeping it a secret doesn't make it so real somehow!!). Hope you Due December ladies are all doing well xxx
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 31 May 2011 - 13:04
Hey Bexx- I'm seeing Dr. Fatin, who is at Dr. Fakih's clinic still. I had posted something about that earlier cause I am having a delimma. She only delivers at IMD and Medcare. IMD.....err Its a little rustic for my taste and Medcare is actually a little far for my comfort. But she is amazing! I'm sooo confused!! Any thoughts? Any one at American hospital? Who are you seeing? Ohhh and good news...MS left me on day 7 of week 11!! Yipppppieeee!! :D
23
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 29 May 2011 - 08:42
Hi Ladies, Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Good Luck for all the upcoming scans this week - remember and let us know how you get on :D
12
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 27 May 2011 - 13:04
Great website mrsjbr - thank you! :) I feel the same kts - my scan isn't actually until 13th June and I would rather wait until after that to be honest. Which Doctors are you all seeing? I went to Dr Natalya at Cooper's Clinic for my first scan who was great but they aren't linked to any insurance companies so no direct billing and my insurace will only cover 80% so I think I'm going to change. I'm actually on Dr Elsa at City's waiting list for Sept who I've heard amazing things about so probably just need someone for the next 3 scans if anyone has any recommendations?
51
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 27 May 2011 - 12:48
Thanks for the info everyone and mrsjbr that website was very useful. I will talk to my ob/gynae about it further.
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 27 May 2011 - 11:08
Hello ladies, I have just found this link which might be useful for those of us going through 12 weeks scans : http://www.baby2see.com/medical/nuchal_12weekscan.html I wish I had read this before I went for mine, it would have made sense of all the cursors on the screen and measurements that were being taken!!
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 27 May 2011 - 10:54
Great Info M and a S! I am so all about knowing all I can for this pregnacy....everything possible...kinda mentality. I want to schedule my NT soon. My doc is saying in week 13 which is next week, but my anxiety is making me want to know now! I have refrained from telling everyone until this test result comes back. I had to tell my office and I had to tell both the parents. So I'm only waiting for my negative or low score to come back (fingers crossed) so I can reveal my growing belly to the world. :D mrsrjbr thanks for the info on them telling the *** of the baby. we want to know it sooner too. We arent hung up on anything. We just want a healthy baby, which I'm sure all of us want ;)
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 15:00
Hi KTS, I had the scan which I referred to as the NT scan a little bit early, as I have had a few complications (lost 6 kilos, had spotting, thyroid levels have gone off the chart etc etc - all of which can be contributed to the terrible morning sickness I have had so will hopefully *fingers crossed* resolve themselves now it is easing off!) Our insurance covered us for an early 'Fetal Wellbeing Scan' which included all the things they measure in the 12 week scan, one of the main focusses is the nuchal fold like Mover and a Sheika says.....I'm not sure if you have the option not to have this.....and be warned - unless you specifiy beforehand, they will apparently tell you during the scan what the gender of the baby is. We have decided to keep that as a surprise for now! xx
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 14:43
kts, i can only share what i know. The scan at 11-13 weeks is a scan to check that the pregnancy is progressing in the usual fashion. At this scan they look at the nuchal fold in the neck as that is an indicator of genetic abnormalities. Some blood is usually taken at this stage and then your age is factored in. This 'triple test' amalgamates all the results to give you a probability of some major genetic disorders. One of these is Down's Syndrome but there are others, potentially fatal, that are also included. I had a bad measurement at my NT scan last year (there was a huge thread that came about from it) and went on to have a cvs. If the baby had been Down's i would have probably continued with the pregnancy but not if it had been Edwards syndrome. As with all scans in your pregnancy, it is there to check the health of the pregnancy and of your baby. Any knowledge is worth having as it gives you time to prepare mentally. Also, even with a sky high measurement of 4.8 (normal range 1-3 though most are nearer 1), i had a baby that has not presented with any genetic abnormality. However, he did present as a premie and we had some issues but in restrospect i was mentally and emotionally prepared when he did end up in ICU for a week.
51
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 13:46
kts - Rocking idea! Sooo Working Mommies-to-be, let's set up another coffee morning on a friday or sat. I dont think there is one on here. I also work and these are the only days I can be social ;). Let's plan 2 weeks out since we all have out scans between this week and the next 2. So great to have so much lovely company. Hope you are all glowing! I can only do Fridays as I work all day Saturdays too :( What area do we all live in so we can arrange somewhere between everyone? Im in Al Barsha. Bexx - I am still really suffering with my MS too and definitely don't have a glow! How does everyone feel about the NT scan? I have decided not to have that and to just have the "normal scan" as I dont want to know if there is something wrong with my baby and don't want to spend the next 6 months worrying about it. Although as so many people seem to be having it I am wondering if I am mis informed about it? What exactly is it? Sorry if I sound dumb! but really am not sure. My "normal" scan is scheduled for June 7th - I will be 13 weeks. <em>edited by kts on 26/05/2011</em>
12
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 11:39
So nice to have people to chat to! Can't wait for this 'honeymoon trimester'!! I've been feeling really sick all day since week 5, although I'm starting to feel like I'm coping better with it and not spending so much of my work day running to the toilets! I also definitely don't have a glow - quite the opposite I'd say! LOL!
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 09:45
I had an early NT scan yesterday (11 weeks, 1 day) and all came back fine :-) but still feel we should wait until 12 weeks to break the good news. The wait is killing us!! xx Think you are our first NT scan, fantastic that it went well!!
105
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 09:28
Count me in as well for weekends ofcourse , will also update on the forum about my NT scan and same for you guys. Would love to hear all our updates, its so great to be sharing this with someone ........Big shout to December 2011
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 09:19
Hi ladies, please count me in for a meet up (I'm not working although my husband could definitely be considered a full time occupation ha ha!). Hope you are all feeling much better as the end of the first trimester approaches....my morning sickness is definitely improving and almost feel human again! Apparently they call the next three months the 'honeymoon trimester', I am looking forward to that! I had an early NT scan yesterday (11 weeks, 1 day) and all came back fine :-) but still feel we should wait until 12 weeks to break the good news. The wait is killing us!! xx
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 08:13
kts - Rocking idea! Sooo Working Mommies-to-be, let's set up another coffee morning on a friday or sat. I dont think there is one on here. I also work and these are the only days I can be social ;). Let's plan 2 weeks out since we all have out scans between this week and the next 2. So great to have so much lovely company. Hope you are all glowing!
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 25 May 2011 - 22:14
Hey new additions! A congrats to you and welcome to our growing little group. I've got my first scan next week. After a fairly shocking time in my last pregnancy i couldn't face any bad news so have delayed it until 9w 4days as there is no way to miss a heartbeat by then, despite the extra roll on my tummy left my DS.
 
 

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY