Due December 2011 | Page 3 | ExpatWoman.com
 

Due December 2011

143 posts / 0 new
Last post
153
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 11:03
L'il princess is due on Christmas poor thing, but I have a feeling she'll be a little earlier. Anyone else at City Hospital? This will be the second one so not sure if I'll be taking any antenatal classes, but I'm hoping for a VBAC...
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 07:40
Hello ladies (due Nov, Dec and Jan!!) I'm planning on starting exercise classes next week - pre-natal yoga at Zen in Media City - can I join you Bexx?? (although I have never done any kind of yoga before so will be the most unflexible, least bendy person there I am sure!) and aquafit at Hayaa and Dubai Ladies Club (don't need to be members of either). Just need to find an accommodating swimming cossie first! Anyone else fancy it? Sea Otter are these classes near to you? xx
46
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 04:03
Congrats all you dec mummys! There is alot of you now, im due in Nov with my first- a girl :) The nov thread is so quiet!
9
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 17:31
Hi ladies, my husband and I have only just moved to Dubai from the UK (I'm originally from NZ though) and we've also just found out we're expecting our first in Jan 2012! Is anyone going to any bumps and babes groups or pre-natal exercise classes? I don't really know anyone here, so keen to meet people in as many ways as possible ;) Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and congrats to all too!
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 19 June 2011 - 10:15
HI CK1, congrats on your second baby!! Drop me a line at sojorobo at googlemail dot com xx
60
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 18 June 2011 - 20:51
Also due in December with my second. Feel a lot bigger than what I did in my last pregnancy.
12
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 16 June 2011 - 22:15
Ha ha ha! So funny!! I'm glad it's not just me, I've been seriously dappy and forgetful at work! My good news is that I had my scan on Tuesday and everything looks healthy! I was so relieved to see the little thing bouncing around! He / she wouldn't stop spinning though so couldn't get a decent pic!! @Amy - I'm feeling very homesick at the moment too. I was thinking of starting a prenatal pilates or yoga class. I was looking at the Zen Yoga place in Media City. They prefer you not to start until you're out of the first trimester though unless you have a letter from your doctor giving you permission! :)
13
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 14 June 2011 - 16:32
Afternoon Ladies, So excited to see this .... I am Due in Jan ( Friday 13th!) with my first & feeling a very long way away from the UK at the moment ! I am very slowly starting to feel human again - I can eat without wondering if im going to be sick & I can stay up past 7pm !! Is anyone going to or planning to go to any pre-natal exercise classes ? Amy X
8
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 13 June 2011 - 16:32
Afternoon Ladies, So excited to see this .... I am Due in Jan ( Friday 13th!) with my first & feeling a very long way away from the UK at the moment ! I am very slowly starting to feel human again - I can eat without wondering if im going to be sick & I can stay up past 7pm !! Is anyone going to or planning to go to any pre-natal exercise classes ? Amy X
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 12 June 2011 - 11:35
Hey M&S! I am...I just finished 14 weeks. Its just a weird feeling to not feel anything. I think I may take up your advice and head over to hear the heartbeat. I would love to have that reassurance.:) Otherwise, my hormones are making me uber happy. I find myself laughing at everything, and so mild tempered with all of the daily and work drama. Its strange ;) I guess that is a symptom too, I'm just overlooking it because its positive. Thanks for the info.:D How are you doing btw???
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 12 June 2011 - 11:29
DC_Diva - any change in feeling is always nerve racking. It's around now that the placenta is taking over and hormone levels are changing so we do feel different. I spotted yesterday but then puked today for the first time in a couple of weeks. If you're really worried can you nip to the docs and have them listen to the heart beat? Are you around 14 weeks now? You most probably are just over the worst of the 1st trimester and hitting the best stage!
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 12 June 2011 - 11:20
welcome, welcome CapeChick! Glad you could join us!!! About telling your boss. Don't make it a big deal but do it professionally. Call for a meeting to discuss and then break the news. He should feel reassured that you're not going anywhere. Most of the time, you end up with a great response. its only the random few who arent so nice. Good luck! Just to share: I have a strange state of mind today. I don't have any M/S (yippeee!), but I also dont have any other symptoms, (besides being hungry) and its leaving me in a state of perplexity. I have no signals that I'm preggo minus the little belly (which isn't growing too much cause I'm still on glucophage). Its a weird state of mind. i'm actually looking forward to the next US for reassurance that there's something in there....I'm sure I'm just overthinking it...but its there. I'm also sure I'll feel better when baby starts kicking...that's reassurance if there ever was any! :D any thoughts?
12
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 11 June 2011 - 09:52
Hi everyone, congrats on the scans this week! I'm very jealous kts! My hubby won't let us find out at this one if they can tell! I can't wait to know! Scan is on Tuesday anyway so just have my fingers crossed that everything is ok. Congrats CapeChick too - you should def join us - lots of us due towards the end of December anyway! Can't really help on telling the manager as mine is freaky and dragged me into a meeting room when I was only 7 weeks because he had guessed!! really don't know how! But he is just very happy for me. (I've only been there for 7 months!) I would wait until after your scan and just make sure you tell him before he could hear it from someone else. Does he have kids himself? Don't worry about it too much though. He'll just have to deal with it! Just sent you an email mrsjbr :)
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 10 June 2011 - 16:39
Hello ladies, hope you are all enjoying the weekend!! I have to say time seems to be going a lot quicker now I am passed 12 weeks, and starting to feel human again!!
77
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 09 June 2011 - 16:12
Hello ladies! Hope everyone is better today. According to my calculations im due on the 2nd Jan but i thought i'd say hi here cause it might very well be that i give birth in December....this is my first one so I am totally clueless! Lucky for me i havent had bad MS...just a strange taste in my mouth all day that gets really bad in the evenings which leads to some nausea. Went for my first scan at 7 and a half weeks...couldnt wait to see if everything is ok! Heard the heartbeat and everything looks great! Next scan will probably be around the 25th June - not sure what OB im going to yet though. Cant wait for week 12 cause I want to tell everyone already! PS, anyone have any advice on how to break the news to your manager? I've only been at the company for 10 months now and its the first time my manager has a female reporting to him so I have no idea what to say and when!
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 09 June 2011 - 08:28
Hey mrsrjbr! Congrats on enjoying the scan. I went to dest maternity yesterday and I didnt see a sale sign. I was also at Mirdiff which I think is smaller than the one at Dubai mall. Since you brought it up though I wanna hijack your post and ask a question (if you don't mind). Anyone know where to get tapered slacks or stovepipe slacks in maternity wear? I searched high and low yesterday until my poor feet hurt in Mirdiff. No luck. It seems wide legged is the current style but I'm not tall enough to not look like a midget when I wear them with flats. any suggestions? I'm headed to Dubai mall tomorrow, with my fingers crossed.
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 08 June 2011 - 16:46
Congrats KTS and Polar02 :-) I saw my obs/gynae this morning and she did a v quick scan, Baby R was dancing away happy as can be! We are dying to meet our little one!! Anyone know when Destination Maternity sale starts? My jeans are rather snug!!
23
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 08 June 2011 - 11:44
Congrats kts - great news! I had a scan last night and everything looked great :) It is the nicest feeling in the world seeing your baby and hearing the heartbeat - I was a bit overwhelmed!
1109
Posts
EW OLDHAND
Latest post on 08 June 2011 - 11:20
awww kts... CONGRATSSSS!!! so happy for u! lil girls are a gem to watch grow... hehehe... i know i have a DD who's 4 and is already showing signs of being my best friend!! haven't seen anyone else stand up for me as much as she does! :) praying you have a smooth pregnancy ahead... good luck and God bless!
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 08 June 2011 - 10:55
Congrats! Congrats kts!! That's awesome news!! So happy to hear. I must admit though, I am jealous :(. My doc said I had to wait until my next visit to find out the ***.... OOhhh woe is me...yeah right. No seriously that is the best news. I just ponder on how great this group is and we can all share our experiences as we go along this journey with each other. I have 4 sisters, but all in the USA. I don't miss them as much during this time thanks to all of you!! :D
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 07 June 2011 - 21:10
kts - that's great news! Congrats.
51
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 07 June 2011 - 14:15
Hi Ladies, I have just had my NT scan this morning and am so pleased that everything is going great and it is a low risk pregnancy :) They were also able to tell me that its going to be a little girl :) Soooooo happy. Good luck to those of you that are still waiting for your scan.x.
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 06 June 2011 - 16:39
Hello ladies, welcome and congrats to the Due December newbies! DC Diva - I am seeing an obs/gynae locally (ie not in a hospital) and she has been AMAZING!! (I had a late missed miscarriage first time around and she has been totally understanding about our anxieties this time). We always get at least half an hour with her, and never feel hurried. So although she isn't there for the delivery, we have decided to see her for the duration of the pregnancy (after all, the obs/gynae at the hospital may be on an emergency/on leave/off sick when the big day comes!!) I am putting off buying maternity clothes at the moment althought I don't think I can comfortably delay some new jeans for much longer!! Good luck to the ladies who are having scans this week!
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 06 June 2011 - 15:47
Thanks for the help GrenArdo. I think Hubby and I will take a tour of the facilities and then do some serious deciding before taking the leap. I am also interested in anyone who has seen a doc outside of the hospital, in a quieter setting. I wonder if more attention is given then or the opposite. Any opinions would be nice! Thanks ladies.
19
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 06 June 2011 - 11:43
And yes Dr Raj is very good (I don't remember any negative posts from her patients here), popular and busy. I can not tell enough good things about her. Friendly, caring, great sence of humour, supports natural birth. I do feel safe with her. In general staff in AH was attentive and frienly, both in clinic and hospital.
19
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 06 June 2011 - 11:20
Hi DC Diva! I do feel like a veteran reading all the posts from first-mums to be and it brings all those feelings back - expecting the first one is like a miracle every day, you can not wait and in awe of every little change in your body :-) It is a wonderful feeling every time. It is impossible to believe you can love anybody more than this little monster that takes your life completely. Then the second one arrives and you just grow another big heart to love him as well, no less. Just enjoy this very special time!
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 06 June 2011 - 10:06
Welcome GrenArdo and Congrats!! Hope this will be another fun trip for you. I have a question since you are a veteran: How do you cope with the fact that this process takes soooo long?? ;) I wanna see my LO now! :D Also, is Dr. Raj very busy? I am thinking of switching my OBGYN to American because I want to deliver there and I am debating on the doc. I saw Dr. George Michailidis before after my first miscarraige and he was quite good but I think I would like an opinion from someone else. Hey kts: I agree with Bexx for the milk. I have this awful taste in my mouth that never seems to go away unless I eat really salty foods like popcorn or tomato and sprinkled salt, or milk. Go figure.:\: I however love the taste of milk, like creamy and sweet cream...ooops sorry. Anyhow it does work for some. Why not try just a little to see how your taste buds react? Ginger never worked for me. My M/S is still hanging around but its more like, just that bad taste that then leads to nausea. So if I catch it before it gets bad, eat a little something or another, then I'm ok. But yeah, working and MS sucks a million! :-| Anybody feel weird about buying maternity clothes? I think I'm in denial that I need them. My bella band works wonders ;)!!
125
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 05 June 2011 - 17:42
I have two boys 4 and 2 yo, both born in Dubai with Dr Raj in American Hospital. Well spaced out! I'm impressed.
23
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 05 June 2011 - 16:20
Hi Ladies, Hope you are all well. Fingers crossed for everyones scans - I have mine this Tuesday also. I really feel for all you Ladies with MS - hopefully it will subside soon and we all get into the honeymoon trimester :D
19
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 05 June 2011 - 12:20
I have two boys 4 and 2 yo, both born in Dubai with Dr Raj in American Hospital.
 
 

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY