Due December 2011 | Page 2 | ExpatWoman.com
 

Due December 2011

143 posts / 0 new
Last post
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 18 July 2011 - 09:52
Hi ladies, just to let you know there are 9 of us (at last count I think!) all due in December and Jan who have met up a couple of times to discuss our growing bumps, experiences, excitement etc etc. We've found facebook is easiest way to arrange get togethers, yoga, pilates et al so if you look up Dubai Winter Babies on Facebook, I can add you and hopefully you will be able to make the next meet up and/or yoga classes..... Look forward to meeting you!! Xx
77
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 17 July 2011 - 14:53
Hello ladies... Congrats to everyone once again. Just wondering when you should start buying baby things - furniture and clothing. This is my first one and im absolutely clueless! Ps im due on the 30th Dec (as per my last appt, previously it was first week of Jan)
9
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 17 July 2011 - 14:08
Hi All... first of all Congrats to having a little one on the way! This is my first post on here. We recently moved to Dubai but it has been anything but smooth so far :-( I am currently 20 weeks pregnant with my first child. We had one doctor's appointment over here so far, with the next one scheduled for the 24th of July. At this point we do not know if it is a boy or a girl yet. Healthy is all we are asking for. On the 25th we will be leaving on a trip (Yes, we are celebrating our wedding finally. it has been planned since January but now time has come to get friends and family together in Germany) and should be back mid August. With it being my first baby and being far away from home (Originally from Germany but lived in the US the past 8 years) I am a little lost in what to do, where to go and and and. I would love to meet some people. I would love to get more exercise (Can anyone suggest things to do). I would love know what kind of classes to take and where to find them. So many things. After staying in hotels for the past months we are hoping to move into a villa in Al Manara soon. My husband's 8 year old son will be going to Raffles International school. If you want to email me directly, please do so: [email protected] Thank you to everybody who might be able to help me get used to my new life in Dubai. Wishing you a great day and am truly looking forward to hearing from you (on here or email). Sara :-) P.S. I am due December 8th <em>edited by Freeflychick on 17/07/2011</em>
143
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 16 July 2011 - 13:52
Hi all! I really hope those of you interested in bfing do go along to the BFQ&A workshop as it really is very helpful and informative. And on a completely different topic, I just wanted to say I found two really nice maternity swimsuits at Decathlon (MCC) a few days ago, both reduced. One cost me AED70 and the other AED40! I also went along to maternity pilates class at Real Pilates in Palm Strip mall (Beach Rd) and really enjoyed it. It's definitely a workout though and I felt sore for days afterwards :-) Look fwd to meeting some of you soon. Cheers, KB x
671
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 13 July 2011 - 22:47
mk-in-dubai, I'm on khoury at null dot net - and my no. is 050-4705577 (evenings 5:30-9). Wrt nutritional shakes, to be honest there isn't anything specific that I would recommend - just whatever works for you as a mum with small baby to keep up your intake of nutritional foods! Breastfeeding uses up the equivalent of 500 calories a day, but it isn't always necessary to consume that much extra in food as your body will use up stores (some mums do find that bf makes them hungry, though - nature's way of ensuring mum eats enough for milk supply and herself, I guess!). Muesli bars and quick things like banana milkshakes or smoothies are good for snacks when it's hard to find the time to cook or get food. Some mums find that oats help with milk supply (e.g. porridge, or google the recipe for "lactation cookies!"), and others swear by a nightly bowl of ice cream. HTH! xx
323
Posts
EW EXPLORER
Latest post on 13 July 2011 - 22:03
@BFC - I am having my third baby in January so won't be needing a BF workshop, but would love to know how to contact you after delivery if I'm having any BF issues with new babe. Do you have an email address I can contact you on to get your number? Also by the way, do you know if there are any nutritional shakes available ( that you would recommend) to drink while breastfeeding. Back home I used a product called Formance, and I think I would have given up BF without it, as it helped my supply so much (and my energy levels too I think). TIA
51
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 13 July 2011 - 13:05
I feel hungry but then when I eat I can only eat small portions. Think my stomach must have shrunk from all the sickness in the first trimester! How is everyones bump coming along? Mine has suddenly appeared out of nowhere in the last couple of days. Hope everyone is good and im looking forward to the next catch up as I couldnt make the one last week as I was in the UK.
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 13 July 2011 - 10:48
Mee too! The past few evenings, I have only had a bowl of cereal for dinner. Its so strange. I just hope that my LO isn't getting deprived. I guess not, because I feel ok. Maybe it will increase later next month ;).
62
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 13 July 2011 - 10:03
No, you are not alone!! I am hungry-ish in the mornings, can manage a small lunch and can happily go with just a bowl of rice krispies for supper... xx
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 13 July 2011 - 09:43
Anyone NOT hungry? I have been reading everywhere that I'm supposed to have this ravenous appetite but until today, I am still forcing myself to eat a good dinner bigger than my M/S sized portions. Just wondering...I know its not that much of a cause for concern but am I alone?
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 12 July 2011 - 11:40
Thanks BFC! Maybe we should organize a workshop later on. These days are passing fast and before we know it, we will be delivering. I think its great and refreshing to find out about a course or information that we don't have to dig for and question everyone we know! ;) What say ya December Ladies?
671
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 11 July 2011 - 20:48
Congratulations on your pregnancies, ladies! Just wanted to let you know that as a registered breastfeeding counsellor, I can facilitate the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers ante-natal breastfeeding workshop for mamas-to-be in the UAE. I realise that it is early days for you, but at any time if any of you may be interested, or would like any information about breastfeeding, just drop me a line. (As the ABM is a non-profit organisation, there is either no charge or a nominal charge for the workshop depending on what the actual costs are.) Contact details are on the Breastfeeding Support in the UAE (updated June 2011) thread, under ante-natal. xx
60
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 11 July 2011 - 19:38
Sea Otter: live just behind you. send me an email: alwahachick at yahoo dot com
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 11 July 2011 - 14:11
Congrats Sea Otter! Things are moving great for you! So happy for ya! Isnt it strange how we know what we are having? I saw that ridiculous statistic that more than 70% of moms know what they are having before they are told! Who else on here knew and was proven right? I knew I was having a boy from like week 6. Don't know how, just did. :D
9
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 11 July 2011 - 10:25
I saw Dr George at The American Hospital, he was really lovely! Our spa day was bliss! I would definitely recommend Sensasia on The Palm for pregnancy massages- they know what they're doing ;) We moved to the Ranches yesterday- back in a house with a garden again, yay! You live around here too don't you CK1?
60
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 10 July 2011 - 21:21
Congrats Adelle! Did you see dr. Mirza? He told me boy at 12 weeks too. How was your massage?
9
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 10 July 2011 - 18:15
Hi lovely ladies, So I had my NT scan yesterday and everything looks great- what a relief! We also found out we're having a baby boy (which I'd been telling my husband it would be all along), the doctor laughed and said "well, it's pretty obvious" to which my husband grinned proudly ;) Adelle xx
17
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 07 July 2011 - 15:06
Thanks DC Diva and LuLee - I will let you know if there is any good stuff there (all i know at this stage is that they sell the Phil and Teds pram so we are going to have a look at that. thanks Catherine
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 07 July 2011 - 14:12
Jamo - Check this out: [u'>http://www.goodbabydubai.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84&Itemid=132[/u'> Map of Goodbaby in bur dubai. I havent been there myself. Tell us whats good about it?
9
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 07 July 2011 - 13:31
Hi Amy- do you know what the urban-prenatal class is like (yoga/pilates etc)? Adelle xx
668
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 07 July 2011 - 13:20
Jamo-Good Baby is still there, somewhere near Burjuman Mall. Sorry I'm hopeless with directions.
17
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 07 July 2011 - 11:29
Hi Ladies, I have only just joined the site - so hello all and congratulations, and I am very happy that something like this is out there for ladies expecting (especially with their first one)! We are also expecting our first baby in mid December so its been wonderful to have a quick read about how everyone else is travelling and what you are experiencing. A quick question - does any one know if the Good Baby store is still in Karama? some friends have said that it is a good place to get some baby things from, although their website no longer exists and i tried calling with no answer. Thanks and hope you have a great weekend all Catherine
152
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 14:59
Thanks Laughalot for asking about eating in Ramadan. It didn't even cross my mind. I am now picturing myself running off to the conference room every two hours to scarf down some grub. GREEEEAAATT! Well, at least my office is really tolerant. I think as long as you discuss things opening, it should be fine...right?? (fingers crossed) How's everyone out there? We haven't been chatting much but did ya notice, we have the most popular thread! :)
9
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 12:45
Hi Amy, Thanks for the info on Arabian Ranches- sounds great! We looked at a couple of villas there a few days ago and they seem really nice with the pool and BBQ areas for each community and there's definitely a nice family feel. We're actually going to stay in a short term let for three weeks while my husbands kids are over from the UK and try the area out first, moving from the Marina on the 10th of July so might drop you a line then ; ) I'm also due in January (the 14th as per my scan yesterday) so it'll be nice to know there's someone else close by in the same boat! xx
1029
Posts
EW OLDHAND
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 08:56
I am. I already have a 3 year old, a 16 month old and twins on the way!!!! Due 23rd December. I am really getting use to the idea and getting quite excited now (very daunted at first as I quickly realized I will have 4 under 3.5 years!!!! - yikes). Good luck with everything ladies. Hope all goes well :)
392
Posts
EW EXPLORER
Latest post on 28 June 2011 - 12:06
you are allowed to eat & drink when pregnant :D
8
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 28 June 2011 - 11:52
Hi Lovely Ladies... Im Due in Janury with my first ! I really want to join some classes but I am still working at the moment so need to do some after work ... is the what times the Aqua class on please ?? Sea Otter - I moved to AR from the Marina in March & could not be happier .... its such family orintated place & every area has its only pool with 'mini mum meets' every day It is quite but thats what we love after been in the Marina for over a year - it has everything you need there & after all nothing in Dubai is really more than 20 mins away ! Bexx - I will be joining you at Yoga as soon as get the all clear next week ( if its out of office hours) Another thing thats creeping up on my never ending worry list is Ramadam & not been able to eat & drink all day at work - I do not think bump will be happy - any ideas ?? Amy X
9
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 17:06
Dubai Ladies Club sounds nice- might do the same as you YellowJellyBean, when are you looking to start classes? Zen at Media City looks good too mrsrjbr/Bexx- I haven't seen my ObGyn here yet, so think I might wait until after I've met with her next week. Think it's pretty common for places to say hold off until you're past 12 weeks though isn't it? Exhale JBR is close to me too sfs15- and next Sunday I'll be a couple of days off 12 weeks so I might be able to join you! We're in a short term let at the Marina while we look for our long term home, a long and laborious task! On a side note, does anyone live at Arabian Ranches or know anything about it as an area to settle? :)
46
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 14:07
Dubai Ladies Club is great, the pool is lovely I spend alot of time there. They have about 4 classes a week I think of aqua, you have to drop by there and pay for the classes in advance as they get fully booked. Im planning to go by this week and pay for a block of classes :)
1
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 13:23
Hi sea otter!!! Im also due in January 2012 and will like to start some prenatal clases. There is a yoga class in exhale jbr on sundays at eleven, that im planning to go next sunday. At what time is the class in Dubai ladies club? that one sounds good!!! Thxs fr the information!!!
 
 

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY