18 Reasons to LOVE the Teenager Years
Suffice to say, there's some great things that come with a teen
16 July 2017
When it comes to kids, everyone seems to be smitten with babies. Babies, babies, babies - sure they're cute, but what about the rest of their lives?
One life stage in particular is of huge significance, and is arguably one of the most exciting, emotional, stressful and rewarding times of your child's life... And that's the teenage years.
In fact, the older your kid becomes, you might find you'll actually like spending more time with them. And here's 18 reasons why that probably is!
1. They're funny
Finally! Your teen has a sense of humour and can now understand your jokes, too.
2. They're adventurous
Be it a new sport, new hobbies and skills, exploring new places, an eagerness to travel or just plain, simple pranks. Your teen no doubt has an adventurous streak.
3. They don't watch kids TV
No longer do you have to watch Dora the Explorer or Paw Patrol.
4. They sleep
Do we really need to explain why this is good?
5. They feed and dress themselves
And bathe themselves, too!
6. They can complete (helpful) chores
And they can now actually do their OWN laundry!
7. They can look after YOU when you're sick
That means breakfast in bed, a butler service and someone to bring you paracetamol when your head is hurting from the night before.
8. They make great babysitters
Your older teens make great ones if you have younger children.
9. They teach you how to use technology
The teacher becomes the student.
10. They hold their own sick bowl
And are able to clean it up on their own, too.
11. They understand sarcasm
And will probably throw it back at you.
12. They understand the need for privacy
Gone are the days when you couldn't go to the toilet in silence. Your teen will no doubt demand privacy, too.
13. They don't watch Disney movies on loop
But they still love Disney at the bottom of their hearts.
14. They have opinions and thoughts that should be heard
Though annoying at time, you should probably listen to them.
15. They're fun to travel with
And everyone will have memories that will last a lifetime.
16. Going to the cinema is enjoyable for EVERYONE
And your teen will remain firmly in their seat at all times.
17. They can make hot drinks
Your morning cup of tea or coffee? Sorted!
18. They still hug and kiss you goodnight