Dr. Biborka Bereczky is a Specialist General, Laparoscopic, Bariatric-and Metabolic Surgeon. She graduated from Semmelweis University Budapest, Hungary in 2003 and got her Hungarian General Surgery Specialist Board Certification in 2010. She has been working at 2nd Department of General Surgery, Semmelweis University Budapest, Hungary for 13 years and became Assistant Professor in 2011. In the same year she gained her PhD degree in Molecular Oncology.
Over the past years she has participated in numerous conferences, lectures and poster presentations. She has been selected for international surgical and scientific scholarships/fellowships in Japan, UK, Austria, Italy, Turkey and the UAE. She worked in the UK for four years.
She moved to Dubai in 2013 and worked in Dubai Hospital for 5 years as Specialist General Surgeon in the Bariatric, Breast, Wound Management and General Surgery Teams.
- Weight loss (bariatric) and metabolic surgery
- Management of bariatric surgery emergencies
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy +/- on-table cholangiography
- Laparoscopic or open inguino-femoral hernia repair, incisional-/ umbilical-/ paraumbilical-/ epigastric-/ Spighelian-/ recurrent hernia repair
- Laparoscopic or open appendectomy
- Laparoscopic or open emergency surgeries
- Staging laparoscopy and peritoneal lavage +/- on-table OGD
- Benign breast surgery
- Minor anal conditions: haemorrhoids, anal fissure, anal fistula, perianal abscess
- Skin surgery
- Wound management, diabetic foot management
- Gastroscopy, gastric balloon insertion