Your guide to DIFC, one of Dubai's leading commercial hubs
24 November 2019| Last updated on 6 January 2020
A financial quarter of Dubai that offers modern living at the heart of the city
Located between the iconic Burj Khalifa and Emirates Towers, this 110-hectare neighbourhood is made up of three districts - commercial, residential, and retail. True to its name, the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) is an international financial hub that draws in major business from the African, South Asian, and Middle Eastern markets.
The mixed community provides an impressive collection of amenities and facilities, from world-class shopping and dining options to well-equipped modern spaces. The blend of modern apartments and penthouses, as well as its accessibility to some of Dubai's thriving commercial and media centres, makes DIFC an attractive location for UAE residents and global investors.
Expect high-rise buildings, a lively day and night scene, modern lifestyle, international retail choices, exciting activities and events, and much, much more at DIFC.
This is your area guide to the Emirate's thriving community, the Dubai International Financial Centre.
Public transport in Dubai International Financial Centre
- There's 2 Dubai Metro stops; Financial Centre and Emirates Towers
- RTA buses operate through DIFC
- RTA taxis are easy to spot around the area
- Car-hailing services Careem and Uber are popular transportation choices among residents, workers, and visitors in DIFC
Commute times by car from Dubai International Financial Centre
- to Dubai International Airport: 11 minutes
- to Downtown Dubai: 8 minutes
- to Dubai Marina: 19 minutes
- to Dubai Investments Park: 32 minutes
- to Palm Jumeirah: 22 minutes
- to Dubai Academic City: 22 minutes
- to Sharjah: 24 minutes
Amenities and facilities in Dubai International Financial Centre
For residents who are living in, working, or are new to DIFC, the following public amenities and facilities are available in this modern neighbourhood:
- Al Maya supermarket and few small grocery stores
- Bank branches
- A variety of restaurants and cafes offering dine-in, takeout, and delivery options
- Hotels and other short-stay accommodation
- Salons and spas
- Emirates post office branch
- Home to an abundance of commerce services such as printing and merchandise
If you're searching for a nursery or school near DIFC, we have a dedicated guide to Dubai's schools where you can browse to find the nearest and most suitable one to you.
For health clinics and dentists in DIFC, you can find the nearest one to you by using our directory, here.
What's life like in Dubai International Financial Centre?
- Everything you need will either be within walking distance or just a short drive away
- Easy access to multiple public transport
- Near tourist hot-spots and other popular locations in Dubai - Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, World Trade Centre
- Convenience of amenities on your doorstep, with perks of delivery options
- Great nightlife options for weekends and evenings
For those who enjoy a more pedestrian lifestyle with city vibes, DIFC is a superb place for working professionals and families to live in. The convenience of being well-connected to other neighbourhoods by public transport, as well as its close proximity to other neighbourhoods, is an added benefit for both drivers and non-drivers.
Residents and working employees in the area are spoiled for choice - there are multiple restaurants and cafes, tons of retail and entertainment at the nearby Dubai Mall and City Walk. The wide selection of food in the district is ideal for the employees who don't want to move too far from their desks.
DIFC does not have many open or green spaces, so dog-walking can be quite difficult in the area. However, the lush lawns of Zabeel Park are only a few minutes away by car, perfect for joggers, picnics, and barbeques.
Even if you cannot find what you're looking for in DIFC, you're sure to find it thanks to the location's accessibility to other communities in Dubai.
This district truly offers the best of city living in Dubai. During the weekends, residents love to shop in Dubai Mall or dine out at the popular City Walk, or take the trip to Jumeirah for a stroll or some exciting beach activities.
Dubai International Financial Centre by day
During rush hour in the morning, residents and workers in DIFC can expect road congestion around the area. As DIFC is located along Sheikh Zayed Road, the traffic may prove to be the most inconvenient during major events happening within or near the neighbourhood, such as the New Year's Eve fireworks, city marathons, or parades.
Dubai International Financial Centre by night
Rush hour returns in the evening as residents and workers head on home,
During rush hour in both the morning and evening, residents can expect traffic congestion around the area. DIFC has an active nightlife, with residents heading to the local pubs and bars after work on a weekend.
Who lives in Dubai International Financial Centre?
- Working expats and Emiratis
- Couples and small to large families
- Owners of small to medium dogs
Properties for rent and sale in Dubai International Financial Centre
Average rental prices for Dubai International Financial Centre per year are as follows:
- Studio apartment: AED 70,000
- 1 bedroom apartment: AED 100,000
- 2 bedroom apartment: AED 130,000
- 3 bedroom apartment: AED 160,000
- 5 bedroom penthouse: AED 380,000
- 6 bedroom penthouse: AED 400,000
Average sales prices for properties in Dubai International Financial Centre are as follows:
- Studio apartment: AED 1,000,000
- 1 bedroom apartment: AED 1,475,000
- 2 bedroom apartment: AED 2,000,000
- 3 bedroom apartment: AED 3,700,000
- 4 bedroom penthouse: AED 11,000,000
- 5 bedroom penthouse: AED 20,000,000
What are properties like in Dubai International Financial Centre
DIFC offers a range of modern apartments and luxury penthouses for rent and sale, which are highly sought after by working singles, couples, and families in Dubai.
The majority of accommodation in DIFC are located in high-rise towers, most of which are equipped with a swimming pool, gym, and community sports facility. The apartments are spacious and, should you pick the right one, will offer gorgeous city views.
The world-class penthouses feature a separate maid's room and staff kitchen, laundry room, and some will have an elevator.
Parking in Dubai International Financial Centre
As DIFC is a popular business hub in Dubai, most of the commercial and residential buildings have paid parking spaces outdoors - it costs around AED 10 per hour. The homes will typically have their own dedicated parking spaces within the apartment towers.
What are noise levels like in Dubai International Financial Centre?
DIFC can be quite noisy due to the high level of traffic the area sees and the construction projects taking place in or near the district, so you can expect some noise bleeding in from traffic, events (music, fireworks, and other noises), nightlife, sounds of super-car engines, construction from developments, etc.