Explore whether The Greens is the best place for you
9 September 2019| Last updated on 6 January 2020
Explore a lush community that's largely favoured by expat professionals and families seeking the convenience of living in the city
Part of the newly developed Emirates Living communities by Dubai-based Emaar Properties, The Greens is a neighbourhood consisting of 40 apartment buildings spread across 10 complexes. Found along Sheikh Zayed Road, the area is a prime location for professionals as it's within a 10-30 minute driving distance from business hubs such as Internet City, Media City, and Knowledge Village.
Despite being set in the city, The Greens offers contemporary-designed residential properties surrounded by lush greenery and at an affordable price, drawing in both bachelors and families. The community is packed with heaps of amenities and facilities for a comfortable city lifestyle, and if you can't find what you're looking for, The Greens is neighbours with Emirates Hills, Barsha Heights, and The Meadows that also offer an abundance of amenities.
Public transport in The Greens
- There are 4 RTA bus stations located in The Greens that connect to a metro stop: F31 and F35
- Dubai Internet City Metro Station 2 is a 4 minute car ride away/15 minute walk
Commute times by car from The Greens
- to Dubai International Airport: 20 minutes
- to Jebel Ali: 27 minutes
- to Arabian Ranches: 16 minutes
- to Downtown Dubai: 16 minutes
- to Palm Jumeirah: 30 minutes
Amenities and facilities in The Greens
For residents who are new in The Greens or are living there, the following amenities and facilities are available in the area:
- Carrefour, Al Maya Supermarket, Choithrams, including other supermarkets and small groceries
- Dining options such as Nandos, French Bakery, and Caribou Coffee
- Dog Park and several dog-friendly paths between residences
- Salons and spas
- Indoor gym and fitness centres
- Schooling options for children up to highschool
- Easy access to Jebel Ali Racecourse
- Prayer and worship facilities include a mosque and a neighbouring church in Barsha Heights
- Several bank branches are within walking distance
Even though The Greens is set in the city, its residents can enjoy nature by taking a walk around the man-made lake or going to one of the parks. There is also a local garden that's home to over 30 different kinds of herbs, flowers, fruits, and vegetables.
If you're looking for a nursery near The Greens, have a look at our dedicated guide to Dubai's nurseries where you can find the most suitable one for your child and lifestyle. The neighbourhood itself is home to two schools offering the UK National Curriculum, IGCSE, A/AS levels, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) system.
For clinics, hospitals, dentists, and vets in The Greens, you can find the nearest one to you by using our directory.
What's life like in The Greens?
- Everything you may need is within walking distance
- Great for those who don't drive and may prefer walking, cycling, or commuting by public transport
- Not a tourist hot-spot so the amenities and facilities aren't always crowded
- Between 20-30 minutes away by car to popular areas in Dubai
- Close to business hubs such as Internet City and Media City
The Greens is a great place for small families, young professionals, and owners of small-med sized dogs to live in.
The community is well connected to public transport options such as RTA buses and a Dubai Metro station, making it ideal for those who may prefer a more pedestrian lifestyle. However, may popular spots in Dubai and neighbouring areas are within a short driving range if you drive or travel by taxi.
Residents in The Greens are spoiled for choice with apartment options, restaurants and cafes, supermarkets, and can easily adopt an active lifestyle with the fitness centres, jogger-friendly paths, and Dog Park available.
Buildings are split between commercial and residential use, so you can expect some traffic congestion in the area during peak hours, as working professionals and school kids head on to their everyday routine. However, the neighbourhood itself is not a major tourist spot so there are times throughout the day when the area becomes quiet.
Nestled between the lush Emirates Hills and busy Barsha Heights, The Greens offers residents the benefits of city life without the hectic hustle and bustle that comes with it.
The Greens by day
During the day, you can expect to see working professionals heading to work in the morning and school buses picking up or dropping off children for their day at school. Rush hour in the morning and afternoon results in traffic around and in the area.
Once peak hours are done The Greens becomes slow placed and relaxed and you will find these common sights: residents running errands to the supermarket or meeting with friends/clients for lunch/coffee, joggers making their rounds, pet owners taking the greener routes for dog walks.
The Greens by night
Weekday nights see non-driving professionals commuting home and families going out to unwind and relax.
During the weekend nights, the restaurants and licensed bars located at the hotels become popular hotspots.
Who lives in The Greens?
- Young working professionals
- Pet owners
- Majority are expats
As the residences in The Greens are close to Media City, Internet City, Knowledge Village, and Al Barsha, the neighbourhood draws in expat professionals and families.
Properties for rent and sale in The Greens
Average rental prices for The Greens are as follows:
- Studio apartment: AED 40,000
- 1 bedroom apartment: AED 55,000
- 2 bedroom apartment: AED 90,000
- 3 bedroom apartment: AED 110,000
- 4 bedroom apartment: AED 150,000
Average sales prices for properties in The Greens are as follows:
- Studio apartment: AED 500,000
- 1 bedroom apartment: AED 700,000
- 2 bedroom apartment: AED 1,100,000
- 3 bedroom apartment: AED 1,600,000
- 4 bedroom apartment: AED 1,900,000
- 5 bedroom apartment: AED 1,900,000
What are properties like in The Greens?
The Greens as a whole is geared towards apartment living and an affordable to medium range budget. They range from mid to high rise towers that are split between residential and office use. Some buildings feature amenities such as (indoor or outdoor) swimming pools, indoor gym, prayer room, basketball court, and children's play area.
Typically built in a modern, contemporary style, The Greens apartments are often spacious and depending on the property picked, may have an added maid's room. You can find studio flats, 1-4 bedroom penthouse apartments and duplexes.
What are the noise levels like in The Greens?
As the area is close to the main roads and office spaces, residents living in The Greens can expect to hear some noise from:
- The roar of a super-car engine zooming by
- Car horns during peak hours
- Construction noise from neighbouring development sites