We've come up with ten easy ways to spoil your leading lady for Mother's Day this year, which we're sure she'll love
23 February 2016| Last updated on 17 December 2017
There's lots of different ways that you can treat the leading lady in your life for Mother's Day! Whether it's for this special day each year, or you might just want to surprise her randomly, after all she definitely deserves it!
1. Give her a bunch of flowers
Flowers are always a great Mothers Day gift- arrange to have them delivered as a lovely surprise. Choose bouquets with lovely spring colours to brighten up your mum's day.
2. Indulge her sweet tooth with chocolates
Chocolates always go down a treat- literally! Buy the biggest box you can afford and have it beautifully gift wrapped to make your mother feel special- she can blow the diet for one day and if you're luck she will share them with you :)
You might also be interested in:
- Gift ideas for home lovers
- 15 gifts for twenty-something women
- Impress your mother-in-law with these 20 ideas
3. Treat her to a new fragrance
Perfume is always a lovely gift to give and a treat. Find out what your mother's favourite perfume is and see if you can find a nice box set that includes a body lotion or bath gel as well for that extra touch.
4. Let her choose her own gift
Gift vouchers can be bought for anything these days it seems. Why not buy for a lovely meal or even a mini break away? Theatre trips are also a lovely experience for mums- see if you can go with her to make it a double treat.
5. Make a gift yourself
Are you on a budget? You can always make or find gifts for Mother's day without breaking the bank and mums' do love the personal touch. Here are some ideas for you...
- Make a scrap book up of old family photographs and mementos
- Knit her a scarf- knitting is suprisingly easy- you may find a new hobby in the process
- Cook her a meal- give her a day off from the kitchen- including the washing up!
- Bake her her very own cake or box of cup cakes
- Paint her a picture on canvas- she'll have her very own unique masterpiece- if you thinkg you're not very good at painting objects- do something easy- say lines of colour to match her living room- experiment!
- Make up a book of gift vouchers that she can call in from you over the year... clear out the cupboards, tidy up the garage, sort out the garden, clean her car from top to bottom, give her a big hug... use your imagination and you can come up with lots of little favours for her
6. Treat her inner foodie
There's lots of ideas that you can come up with if your mother is somewhat of a culinary expert! From cheese cutters, to fancy new knives, to a new calendar to adorn her kitchen walls... You won't be at a loss on what to come up with! Even something as small as a fridge magnet or new personalised chopping board, there's room to personalise a lot of items that can be used in her kitchen.
7. Let her enjoy a little relaxing 'me' time
A spa day is a wonderful gift for a busy mother, they can be quite pricey so only buy it if you can afford it. If you are a little strapped for cash why not just opt for a single treatment at her favourite beauty salon? Either way she will be so pleased for some 'me' time pampering!
8. Add colour to the walls in her home
You can purchase her an eccentric print to brighten up any room in her home! You could even design it yourself and have it printed and framed for her... That's a great way to add that extra special touch!
SEE ALSO: Top gift ideas for techie lovers
9. Encourage the bookwork within her
Pick the latest published work from her favourite author! It's an easy gift, yes, but it's one that she can enjoy over and over again and will make a lovely addition to her book collection.
10. Plan a short trip away for you and her
If you've got the budget to spend, why not book and plan a trip to her favourite place? Or take her somewhere new that you can both enjoy and explore? You'll get plenty of mother-child time in to catch up, bond and create new memories together. We're sure it would be an unforgettable trip for both.