It’s that time of year when we want to look and feel our best. Summer is a great time to detox the junk food, and make overall healthier lifestyle changes!
21 July 2019| Last updated on 21 July 2019
Many women feel that weight maintenance is a balancing act with calories, exercise and healthy diets being a major part of the equation.
The bottom line is that you must burn more calories than you consume – while this seems simple, it can often be challenging to implement a practical and effective weight-loss plan.
Here are some weight management tips that may help you on your weight management journey:
- 1. Portion control – portion meals consciously so you do not overeat or consume excess calories.
- 2. Do not skip meals – aim to eat three meals a day with small snack in between. Eating every three to four hours can help you stay satisfied and prevent overdoing it later on. It is especially important not to forget breakfast which jump-starts your metabolism in the morning.
- 3. Choose lighter dinners – plan your heavier meals earlier in the day and choose lighter dinners in the evening in the hours before you sleep.
- 4. Look out for fiber – most women do not eat the recommended 25 to 30 grams of daily fiber, so to help you boost your fiber intake choose whole grain or high-fiber breads and cereals, whole wheat brown pasta and rice, and include plenty of beans and lentils. Fiber helps fill you up faster, which can cause you to eat less and curb hunger. Most importantly, soluble fiber can help lower your cholesterol.
- 5. Exercise daily – aim to get some form of exercise in every day, as recommended by your doctor. Perhaprs take a nice long walk after dinner when the weather cools down. It’s a great way to de-stress too!
- 6. Include 5 servings of fruit and veg daily, and drive plenty of water – ensure you get in your vitamins and minerals and keep yourself hydrated.
- 7. Skip sugary drinks – although refreshing beverages are tempting during the summer months, fizzy drinks and some juices have an alarming amount of sugar.
If you need help for body contouring during your weight management journey, Medcare has many non-invasive therapy options available that could help you look slimmer. Consider cryolipolysis - a leading non-invasive way to contour certain areas of your body by freezing unwanted fat.
This treatment can be used on areas of the body that store fat resistant to good diet and exercise habits. The procedure works by delivering controlled cooling to selectively target the fat cells underneath the skin while leaving the skin itself unaffected. The treated fat cells are crystallized, or frozen, then die.
Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and removes these dead cells with no surgery, and no needles. A range of applicators can help you achieve tailored results.