They're offering a free service to keep an eye on your house while you're away
9 July 2017| Last updated on 19 January 2020
Dubai Police are encouraging residents to sign-up for their free Home Security Service while travelling this summer, as they'll keep an eye on your property while you're away.
Whether you're in a house, villa or apartment, 'a break-in can permanently shatter your feeling of security at home', their site reads.
The Home Security Service is a free service, which will see police patrol empty houses throughout the summer to ensure all is safe and secure. The service, not new to the force, aims to help reduce the risk of break-ins and crimes while nobody is home.
For over 16 years, home owners have been able to register for the free service which guarantees the safety and protection of homes while residents are away for periods of time, or travelling.
Colonel Rashid Abdulrahman Al Falasi from the General Department of Criminal Investigations of Dubai urged home owners to register for free as summer is upon us, and many residents will be travelling away for holidays or the summer break.
On the Dubai Police website, it states 'the General Department of Criminal Investigations has intitiated a free security service to protect houses during the absence of their owners while away on a long vacation, by linking with Dubai Police through internet.'
How do you sign up the Home Security Service?
It's very easy to sign up for, all you have to do is register through your smart device, or fill in the 'Home Security' form at any police station or through their website by visiting here. You may also ring their call center 901 for inquiries.
What is required to sign up for the service?
Despite being a free service, there are some extra precautions the Dubai Police recommend:
- you must live in a villa or house in order to apply for the service
- secure all entrances and window of your residence
- secure your wardrobes and/or safes where you keep your valuables
- deposit your money and valuables in a bank safe box
- do not leave the keys to your vehicles on display or on the key holder
- inform a relative or friend to check your house while you're away
- make sure all water taps are shut off
- make sure all electricty switches are turned off
- submit the details of your residence at the nearest police station
- fix any monitoring cameras (indoor or outdoors) that you may have
For any further inquiries about this free service, you can ring the Dubai Police on 901 or email [email protected].