We're so busy with our day-to-day lives that we often forget to thank our maids and helpers who have helped make our lives easier.
8 March 2016| Last updated on 19 January 2020
Now it’s only fair to let them know how much you appreciate all the hard work they have done to making your life a little less hectic and a little easier.
- Wallet – these are very minimal, a decent quality gift of a wallet is more than enough to make them feel special.
- Purse – Give a beautiful purse that they can show off to their girlfriends on their day off!
- Gift set – Find out what their favourite scent, and buy a gift set filled with a lotion, perfume, body spray and body wash.
- Time off – Give them a few extra hours off or even an extra day off, after all, they work all day to keep the house clean and the children in check.
- Photo Album – Give them a photo album with pictures of their family and friends, so they have a little piece of home with them as well. Afterall, they're is an expat as well!
- Picture Frame – Buy them a nice picture frame with their family’s photo inside it and place it beside their bed.
- Phone – Buy them a new cell phone, so that they're able to speak with their family abroad.
- Personalized mug – A personalized mug with their name and some photos will give them a sense of freedom, meanwhile giving them their very own memorabilia.
- Gift card – Give them a gift card to the mall, let them go on a shopping spree
- Spa – Why not show your appreciation with a day at the spa, massage, blow dry, mani-pedi, the works!
SEE ALSO: Top Gift Ideas for Techies
If there’s anything we know, it’s that if you take care of your home help, as you should, then they will most definitely take care of you and your most prized possession, your family.
A lot of maids and home help live in unfortunate circumstances in their country, which resorts them to leaving their families (including their husbands and children), in order to earn a decent living here in the UAE. Like us, they are living as expats and moving abroad, in order to provide a better future for their children and themselves, and this is often forgotten by many people.
So go ahead and surprise them with a gift that they never expected and always wanted!