Ever wondered what the qualifications were to work for one of the world’s most popular airlines?
30 September 2018| Last updated on 30 September 2018
Red lipstick, hair tucked back, nude stockings and a fitted suit are just the tip of the iceberg of requirements you must do when working for Emirates.
To play the part, you must look the part and this is extremely evident with Emirates employees – they must all look well-kept and their uniforms must be spot on at all times.
And if you’ve ever flown with Emirates airline before, you know what we’re talking about – the signature red lips, the tight hair bun, the beige and red uniform duo and the pearly white smiles.
Those are the best-kept accessories of Dubai-based Emirates flight attendants.
But if you thought the life of an Emirates cabin crew member was all glitz and glam, here are the strict requirements one must have before enjoying the high life.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Arms must reach 212 cm whilst standing on tiptoes
- Must have a minimum height of 160 cm
- Must have a high school degree (grade 12)
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must not have any visible tattoos while in Emirates cabin crew uniform
- Must be able to adapt to new people, places and situations
- Must be physically fit to endure the role
Personality matters too
And if being in tip-top shape when joining one of the world’s busiest airline, participants that want to become a part of Emirates cabin crew will also be tested on their personalities, making sure they are the following
Perks of being an Emirates cabin crew
You might think those qualifications are unreasonable, but the airline wants to make sure they’re getting the best of the best for their renowned customer service.
And if picked to be a part of the sky-high club, Emirates stewards and stewardess receive and enjoy the following:
- Free accommodation in Dubai
- Free stays during flight layovers
- Good salaries at an average of 9,500 Dhs
- Complimentary dry cleaning on uniforms
- Free transportation to and from work
- One paid flight back home per year
- Discounted airfare on Emirates