From securing insurance for fires, floods, and other damages in the UAE to protecting yourself from future expenses, this is your complete guide.
10 May 2020| Last updated on 10 May 2020
If a home fire strikes or your space is flooded, you’ll be glad to know you are prepared.
Every year, the UAE’s Civil Defence team responds to an emergency call for a house fire, flood due to the weather, or other similar events. We hope that you will never have to make that call, but in case you must, you will need to know what to do in the event of a fire or flood, and how your insurance in the UAE can safeguard you from financial loss.
The country is prone to experiencing immense temperatures during the summer, and some residential properties and commercial buildings are old or are built with poor, inflammable materials. Not to mention, accidents can occur at any moment.
Here’s what you need to know about protecting your home and property in the UAE with fire insurance. We also dive into the difference between fire insurance and Property All Risks insurance in Dubai.
What is fire insurance in the UAE?
Fire insurance is seen as a necessity when living in Dubai, as it protects the owner from damages and losses caused by unexpected fires, explosions, lightning, etc.
What does fire insurance in the UAE cover
This type of insurance policy typically covers homes from apartments to villas, commercial and industrial buildings such as offices and warehouses, machinery, furniture, stocks and other materials kept, and more.
While fire insurance in Dubai basically protects owners from damages caused by fire and lightning strikes, these insurance plans can be expanded for additional cover.
Insurance plans vary per provider, but additional coverage in the event of other damages can include:
- Rent loss due to fire damages.
- Floods from heavy rain, storms, and other natural disasters.
- Floods due to leaks from water storage tanks, pipe, etc.
- Malicious damage.
- Impact from aircraft and other aerial objects.
- Expenses and other charges received from emergency services, surveyors, consultants, architects, removing debris, etc.
- Expenses and other charges received from
- Civil events such as riots and strikes.
Difference between Fire Insurance and Property All Risk Insurance
Property All Risks insurance in Dubai covers a much larger scope when compared to fire insurance. This insurance policy also protects you from profit loss incurred as a result of fire, flood, etc. damages.
What does Property All Risk insurance cover?
- All types of buildings in Dubai, from residences and commercial buildings to schools, hospitals, and factories.
- Contents, equipment, stocks, machinery, and plants kept that are within the insured property.
- Furniture, fixtures, decorations, etc.
Property All Risk insurance in Dubai can cover the following:
- Profit loss due to the fire, flood, etc. interrupting business.
- Rent loss.
- Third party liability.
- Malicious damages.
- Civi events such as strikes and riots.
- Damage to the building’s glass.
- Expenses and other charges from emergency services, professional consultation, extinguishing, legal, and engineering services.
While you cannot completely avoid fires, UAE residents can minimise the damage it does to your property and finances. Contact insurance experts at ExpatInsure below to find out more about securing your home, business, contents, etc. in Dubai...