UAE Home Insurance for Jewellery and Artwork |

Home Insurance Coverage in UAE For Jewellery and Paintings

Standard policies may cover these, but usually with high premiums

Posted on

21 January 2020

Last updated on 23 January 2020
Jewellery and paintings under home insurance

Do you own expensive jewellery and paintings? Here's what you need to do when it comes to your home insurance.

The United Arab Emirates is home to a diverse mix of nationalities and personalities, and with places like Louvre Abu Dhabi and the selection of art galleries in Dubai, it's no surprise that there are individuals here who have a taste for not only viewing but owning artwork and antiques in their homes.

If you're taking out a new home insurance policy or looking to insure your building or belongings for the first time, it's important to bear in mind that your jewellery and/or artwork may affect the cost (and potential claim) of your insurance.

SEE ALSO: How to choose your home insurance in the UAE

Standard home insurance in the UAE may cover these, but policies usually come with extremely high premiums due to the high(er) sum insured.

In fact, some UAE insurance providers may not even be able to take on the high risk that comes with owning these, and could outright exclude them from being covered.

What are High Net Worth insurance providers?

Major insurers have High Net Worth home products for this specific niche and offer much more reasonable premiums and guaranteed cover that may include unlimited, worldwide coverage not only for your jewellery, but also for your contents and artwork(s).

SEE ALSO: What under insurance means in your home insurance policy

These providers may be a better option since standard home insurance offers coverage that is limited to personal belongings only and is restricted to 90 days worldwide.

:: Home insurance may not be mandatory insurance like car or medical insurance in UAE, but it is still important to have to ensure financial security for you and your family when an unexpected fire, leakage or theft occurs inside your home.

For more information about home insurance and available policies, head to ExpatInsure here to contact an expert.