With different brushes, shades, colours, and products, make-up can often be an overwhelming and complicated task for many girls!
22 March 2016| Last updated on 1 October 2019
As much as we love living in Dubai, it isn’t always the friendliest environment to wear make-up in. Added on top of that, the world of make-up can indeed be complex and daunting for some people! But every now and again it is fun and sometimes necessary to dress up and put on some make-up.
Having the wide range of make-up in Dubai that we do, it all too often becomes very appealing to go and splurge on make-up and dress up for your night out in Dubai!
Luckily for you, we’ve gathered some Dubai make-up hacks that have been trial tested by our team to make your life easier!
First, let’s begin with the number one make-up hack in Dubai! If you have little time or energy to put on a full face of make-up, use the one and done philosophy!
The one and done philosophy allows you to either play up your lips or your eyes, but not both. This gives you a fresh and simple look that is not too overpowering!
"Smile. it's the second best thing you can do with your lips." ~ Jill Shalvis
- Forget about lip plumpers and pricey lip gloss with the added plumper effect! If you want fuller lips, mix some peppermint oil with your lip gloss to give you that luscious lip look that you’ve been craving!
- Putting on plain old lipstick is old news! If you want to opt for a new lip look, try putting lipstick on the side of your lips and a light shade in the middle of the entire lip and blend for a beautiful ombre glow!
- For proper application of lipstick, use a small concealer brush.
- Brush your lips lightly with a toothbrush to get rid of flakes. This will give your lips a rosy tint and make your lips reflect more light, making them look bigger.
- Make your lips appear larger by applying one shade of lipstick over your entire mouth, then shade the center of your lips with a lighter colour of the same shade.
- Use an eyeshadow brush to apply lipstick or lip stain to the centre of your lips, then blend outwards to achieve an ombre look.
- Use a highlighter to accent your cupid’s bow can make your lips look more full
You might also be interested in...
The eyes are one of the most powerful tools a woman can have. With one look, she can relay the most intimate message. After the connection is made, words cease to exist. ~ Jennifer Salaiz
- If you want your eye makeup to pop out, use white eyeliner at the base of the eyelid!
- Have you run out of gel liner? Have no fear! Put your pencil eye-liner (kohl) under a flame for a couple of seconds. DO NOT apply directly to the skin, wait for a few seconds and let it cool off, then apply to the lash line!
- Trouble getting your cat eyes to match? Put a dot indicating where you want your cat wings to end on each eye and voila!
- Made a mistake with the wings of your cat eyes? Not to worry, clean up the mess with a little cotton swab and a touch of concealer. The cotton swab will remove the mess and the concealer will cover up the evidence!
- For a simple and perfect eyeliner line, colour the inside of your lash curler with an eyeliner and curl your lashes as you normally would.
- Avoid looking tired by applying white eyeliner inside the bottom of your eye. Mask the white shade with light mascara on the bottom lashes to hide your fatigue!
- If you’ve run out of eyeliner, use your thin eyeliner brush and stroke it over your mascara brush! You will get a good dark tone of eyeliner on your eyelid and no one can tell the difference!
- Avoid flaky and clumpy mascara by adding a couple of drops of eye solution into your mascara.
Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That or a kick-ass red lipstick. ~ Gwyneth Paltrow
- Write down the expiration and production dates of your new products with a permanent marker, to avoid over using it after it has expired.
- Dry mascara can be a nightmare! Stick your mascara somewhere warm or even in your bra for a couple of minutes to warm it up before application.
- Fix your broken powders by pouring some rubbing alcohol in the container and mixing the contents with a cotton swab. A clay consistency will form, allow for the content in the tin to dry (may take 24 hours to do so).
- Sweep your mascara towards your nose instead of upwards to make your lashes look fuller and eyes look bigger
- Apply white eyeliner all over your eyelid. Then apply your favourite shadow to help intensify the colour.
- Apply eyelash glue by putting the glue on a bobby pin. Apply the glue with the tip of the bobby pin for a more even and quicker application.
- Crush broken eyeshadow into powder, then mix it with petroleum jelly to make a your own lip gloss.
- Add a few drops of saline solution to your dried up mascara to make it moist again.
Face Washing Hacks
“Self-care is how you take your power back.” ~ Lalah Delia
- If you’re lazy to wash your face at night, keep your face wipes by your bed!
- Use coconut oil as a substitute for chemically enhances make-up remover to give your face a revitalized look!
- Mix one teaspoon sea salt with water to form a paste. Put the paste on zits and leave it for up to an hour then rinse off to help with annoying zits.
- Wash your hands before you touch your face
- Use tomatoes or potatoes to bleach your face
- Mix an egg white with honey and apply to your face for 20 minutes to tighten your skin
- Use lukewarm water rather than hot water as hot water dries up your skin
- Mix salt with a bit of sugar and olive oil to create an exfoliating paste