It ranked third on the list…
30 December 2018| Last updated on 30 December 2018
With the glitz and glam of Dubai, comes with a hefty price tag
And while New Year’s Eve might be a day to bid farewell to everything that’s happened in 2018 – good and bad – it might have to include a farewell to your wallet too...
It seems as if those who want to book a last minute getaway to Dubai may be paying a hefty price tag to enjoy the last days of 2018 in the city.
Based on hotel rooms, a new global survey took into consideration how much people would have to pay for a room to celebrate New Year’s Eve.
Comparing more than 50 cities, Dubai was ranked the third city with the most expensive hotel destinations in the world – with an average of AED999 per night for NYE!
The survey, done by Cheaphotels.org, compared the hotels in 50 cities and saw Miami Beach in the United States to be the most expensive destination this NYE – with an average of AED1,032 per night.
Here’s what the survey considered:
- 1. A three night stay from December 30, 2018 to January 2, 2019.
- 2. Hotels in a city-centre location only.
- 3. Hotels with three stars or more.
- 4. Hotels with averagely positive reviews online.
Here are the 20 priciest destinations for NYE this year:
- 1. Miami Beach - AED1,032
- 2. Sydney, Australia - AED1,006
- 3. Dubai, UAE - AED999
- 4. New Orleans - AED987
- 5. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - AED830
- 6. New York City, US - AED822
- 7. Hong Kong - AED811
- 8. Nashville - AED793
- 9. Edinburgh, Scotland - AED749
- 10. Amsterdam, The Netherlands - AED727
- 11. Cairo, Egypt - AED719
- 12. Honolulu, Hawaii - AED694
- 13. Los Angeles, US - AED683
- 14. London, UK - AED675
- 15. Las Vegas, US - AED661
- 16. Taipei, Taiwan - AED642
- 17. San Francisco - AED602
- 18. Vancouver, Canada - AED572
- 19. Macau - AED565
- 20. Venice, Italy - AED517