This is the first exercise in which children are separated from the comfort and secure zone of their parents. Therefore, it has to be a place which is a second home to the child; a place, which has enough material to attract and make the child feel comfortable and secure.
This is the first place where the child builds his/her self-esteem. A child learns the importance of his own name, things and friends. Every child learns to communicate with his teachers and fellow students in the nursery. It is the right place for the child’s foundation for lifelong progress. The skills and knowledge that the child develops in the nursery have a great impact on the aptitude and attitude of the child later in life.
The team at ODYSSEY NURSERY teaches children at an early age so they improved social and emotional skills, behavioural problems and Self-confidence gained by learning in a playful manner which adds to the personality and the development of the child. The child’s positive learning attitude, the basic foundation in language, comprehension and management, help the teacher facilitate the child’s learning at kindergarten and higher levels of education. Moreover, childhood education specialists claim that young children learn best when they have an opportunity to interact with their peers, and their parents and instructors treat them kindly. They bloom well in a tension free environment. Besides they comprehend and learn things better if they are introduced to new things in small portions.
You might also be interested in...
Salient Features of Odyssey
• A good head start for learning
• Teaching in a fun-filled way play method
• Putting children on a path of lifelong learning
• Higher development in language and mathematical skills.
• A great opportunity to develop social skills.
• Exposure to enhance communication skills.
Learning Goals in Odyssey Nursery
• Children learn a great deal in a nursery. The emphasis is on the cognitive development of the child as learning is due to practice and interaction in a big group.
• Social interaction is the second most important feature of nursery education. The kids learn to interact with children of their own age in a supervised environment.
• Playing with mud, holding crayons, practising free colouring and writing on board helps in the motor development of the children. Both fine motor & gross motor development takes place by the various activities performed in the classroom under the supervision of trained teachers.
• The child is prepared for the curriculum of the structured schools.
• They learn to identify their belongings like their own bag, napkin and water bottle. These are the real treasures of the children of this age.
• The children are involved in oral activities like poem recitation, storytelling, role-playing, singing song. All these activities help in improving their oratory skills. They learn to speak in groups. They also develop the confidence of speaking in front of small groups. Repeated recitations of poems and story enactments on stage
• Children get toilet trained.
• Time management is another important feature of a nursery. Children learn, circle time, play time, lunch time, story time and fun time.
• Phonological awareness – is the most important feature of nursery education. Children learn to identify the sounds of the alphabet. They learn to recognise the alphabet by listening to the sound.
• Pre-writing skills developed by the use of colouring with crayons and writing on the whiteboard in a freestyle manner.
Nursery education is the need of the time as most of the parents are working and do not have quality time to spend with their children. Most of the babies are left at home with grandparents or helpers who are not able to guide them the way they should be.
Thus Odyssey is not a place to look for mastery in academic curriculum instead it is a place where the children do all kinds of activities that are appealing to them and teaches them in a special way. Nursery education helps in a child’s emotional, social and personal growth and development. Although a child learns how to talk while at home, in Nursery continuous interaction and exposure with children of same age group and teachers helps them to enhance their communication skills. This involves translation of mental images to languages so that thoughts and knowledge be transformed into information.
‘For EveryMother Her Child Is The Best In The World’, therefore we would advise all the mothers to be brave enough to part with their young ones and send them to a NURSERY.