Here's how UAE residents can anonymously report illegal activities in Dubai through Al Ameen service
11 October 2023| Last updated on 18 December 2023
See something suspicious? Report it through Al Ameen.
While Dubai is reported to be one of the safest Arab cities in the world, the crime rate isn't exactly zero percent. Petty crimes such as pickpocketing, break-ins, etc. may happen every now and then, and it is important to report these incidents to local authorities.
But there are also times when UAE residents or visitors may feel scared to report an illegal incident or activity in person, especially when the crime poses a more serious threat. That's where the UAE's Al Ameen service comes in handy.
What is the UAE's Al Ameen service?
Launched in 2003, Al Ameen is a 24/7 public service in Dubai available for UAE residents and tourists.
Anyone wishing to confidentially voice their concerns about illegal activities and other suspicious behaviour that you believe affects public safety, stability, and security in the UAE, can do so through Al Ameen's services.
How to use Al Ameen service?
You can register a complaint through Al Ameen's:
Can my complaints be anonymous?
Anyone raising a report through Al Ameen's service are offered complete anonymity. Rest assured that your identity will be kept confidential, and you will not be involved in the authorities' further investigations of the incident or activity you reported.
What illegal activity can I report through Al Ameen?
Residents and visitors can use Al Ameen's service to confidentially report illegal activities in Dubai which include, but are not limited to:
- Job exploitation
- Organised illegal activities.
- Illegal drug use.
- Drug trafficking.
- Money laundering.
- Any health, safety, and/or environmental hazards.
- Forgery of official or government documents.
- Counterfeit money.
- Armed gangs or groups.
- Terrorism or someone you have reason to believe is planning extremist activities.
- Someone spreading rumours or negative propaganda to influence public opinion and order.
- White-collar crime and other financial crime.
- Any illegal activity that might risk the lives of others.
- Illegal activity that threatens Dubai and the UAE's public safety.
- ...and other unlawful activities that has happened or are being planned.
To help continue making Dubai and the rest of the country a safe place, UAE authorites urge residents and visitors to report illegal incidents or activities without worry or hesitation.