A step-by-step expat guide on how to change the contact number linked to your UAE Emirates ID
9 August 2021| Last updated on 9 August 2021
This guide will help you navigate the UAE Emirates ID mobile number change process.
Did you recently change your mobile number in the UAE? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
While updating your phone number in your Emirates ID may sound like an unnecessary step, it comes extremely handy when using your Emirates ID to register for an online service, or when using any government smart services.
Typically, this will involve a one-time passcode (OTP) which will be sent to the phone number linked to your Emirates ID.
For example, to book your Covid-19 vaccine in Dubai, you'll need to create an MRN number and confirm an OTP code. Otherwise, you practically can't book a DHA vaccine appointment without it!
You also won't be able to sign up on the Al Hosn app and view your recent vaccine and PCR test records without an OTP code sent to your registered mobile number.
So once you’ve updated your mobile number on your Emirates ID, using any government smart app or service will become a smoother process.
Here is a quick and complete guide on how to change your phone number on your Emirates ID.
How to update the mobile number linked to your UAE Emirates ID online
Here's how you can change the mobile number registered on your Emirates ID online.
1. Open the online ICA form.
Visit the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) website and open the online form, HERE.
2. Fill in the form to change your registered mobile number for your Emirates ID.
Fill in the form with accurate and correct details of your:
- Current nationality.
- Identity number (your Emirates ID number, on the front of the card).
- File number, which is printed on your residence visa and stamped in your passport.
- Under the first category ("Department), fill in the 3-digit code that your file number starts with.
- Under the "Year" category", fill in the year that your visa was first issued.
- Under the "Service" category, input the first digit of the last part of your file number.
- Under the "Sequence" category, type in the remaining digits of your file number.
- Name (English) – Fill in your full first name exactly as the name printed on your Emirates ID.
- Name (Arabic) – Don't worry if you don't know Arabic - the system will automatically generate it for you.
- Valid passport number.
- Date of birth.
- Last Entry Date – this is the last UAE entry stamp on your passport.
- Email address.
- Enter your new mobile number. You will receive an OTP code sent to your new number, which you will need to enter into the ICA form.
- Current address in the UAE.
Check that all details you provided are correct, and submit your application.
3. Pay the fee.
After you submit the request to change the mobile number linked on your Emirates ID, you will be redirected to an online payment portal.
The fee to update your phone number is currently AED 52.10
Once you've paid the e-service fee, you will receive a notification informing you that your request has been made and your Emirates ID details are now updated.
If you have any concerns or need any assistance, we recommend calling ICA's 24x7 hotline at 600 522222.
How to change your registered Emirates ID mobile number at ICA Customer Happiness Centres
If you wish to complete the process in-person, simply visit any of the ICA's Customer Happiness Centres located in the UAE. You must bring a copy of your passport, UAE residence visa, and current Emirates ID.
You can expect to also pay a processing fee at the centre.