July 2012 due dates | Page 6 | ExpatWoman.com
 

July 2012 due dates

219 posts / 0 new
Last post
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 22 January 2012 - 19:54
How are all the July Mummies doing? Enjoying the fresh frosty weather? ;) So I finally went for my first acupuncture session on Saturday! The nightmares where really starting to get to me, and instead of having good quality sleep I was feeling exhausted and drained in the morning! So doing a few sessions to help relax my mind and keep these d*mn hormones under control! Had the same with my 1st pregnancy, but nothing as severe as this :/: Got everyone's mail, so will send out a mass e-mail for the first meet up! Will most probably be over the week-end so that working Mum's can join! If anyone else wants to join, feel free to mail me as I will be removing my address soon ;) Update girls!!!
26
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 19 January 2012 - 09:44
Ladies - those that are interested mail me and then we can set something up :D Will leave my address on for a bit, and then will delete it! edited by plumie on 18/01/2012 You have mail :-)
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 18 January 2012 - 20:35
Ladies - those that are interested mail me and then we can set something up :D Edited to remove my e-mail address! If anyone else is interested, just leave a msg on here and I can pass my address on again x <em>edited by plumie on 23/01/2012</em>
232
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 18 January 2012 - 20:25
Count me in for a meet up! Also working full time so can only do weekends.
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 18 January 2012 - 19:59
Is an anomaly scan the norm as my doc hasn't mentioned it yet. On Sunday going in for the 12th week scan and blood tests including one for Down's Syndrome. Is there anything else I should ask the doc abt? @ plumie.. lovely idea to meet up :-) but working full time so can only meet up on a weekend! It's pretty much the norm, I'm sure your Dr will inform you fo it at a later stage! It's also the scan where the gender pretty much gets confirmed 99% :) With my first pregnancy we met up on a Friday morning so that is no problem! Will gauge and see if more Mums-to-be are interested and then we can set something up x And a bug welcome Tiptoptoni :D Loads of us who are doing it second time round, so fire aware with any questions as I know how daunting/exciting/anxious first time pregnancies can be ;)
26
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 18 January 2012 - 10:49
Is an anomaly scan the norm as my doc hasn't mentioned it yet. On Sunday going in for the 12th week scan and blood tests including one for Down's Syndrome. Is there anything else I should ask the doc abt? @ plumie.. lovely idea to meet up :-) but working full time so can only meet up on a weekend!
151
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 18 January 2012 - 07:23
Hello July mummies to be! I am also due in July with my first. I work full time but would be keen for a meet up if one is being arranged at a weekend.
106
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 22:30
Congratulations to all newcomers! Hope everyone's 12 weeks scan goes well. Thanks plume for the tip with the Masafi water. I was feeling better during vacation and when I came back nausea started again slightly and didn't keep dinner down 2 consecutive evenings. Realized I drank Masafi water during those days and changed. Happy with my dinners again. I wouldn't have thought about water in a million years! I'm not working and keeping busy with a 20 months old so up for a meeting ladies as well. May be helpful to support each other especially during hot summer days stuck in Dubai with a newborn.
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 20:05
Welcome - Liv! And congrats on your pregnancy :) Oh cr*p - I really feel for you ladies!!! It's aweful feeling like that, am so glad I was able to pin point what was exaggerating my nausea! Really hope things settle down for you ladies soon! Niggly - the anomaly scan is much more detailed and longer! If I remember correctly, about 40/45min! There are loads of things they check - arteries, blood flow in and out, organs, limbs, loads of measurements, function of bladder and kidneys...etc Is everyone working or at home? Should arrange a July Mummies get-together if everyone is keen! <em>edited by plumie on 17/01/2012</em>
26
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 16:36
@Niggly.. Took me some time to get over the really sick days. After I started the meds, I still couldn't stay awake or go to work for a week. still throw up once a day which is better than all meals. I am on Vominore - once a day - though the box says twice, doc has insisted on only one a day.side effect makes you drowsy. However, I would highly recommend that you check and get a prescription from your doc. Coz i cannot stop this tablet as it makes me throw up again, I will have to wean off it in the coming weeks. One thing that helped me is constant chewing to keep the nausea at bay. got grapes, biscuits, nuts that I chew on thru the day..sometimes it feels like I am eating every waking second of my day :) <em>edited by megs79 on 17/01/2012</em>
232
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 16:03
Hi ladies Is the anomaly scan the same as the detailed organ scan? I am with Dr Braithwaite at American Hospital. Delivered with her last time and was very comfortable with her and trust her judgement. Megs ... what was the name of the tablets you were on? I am having some really bad days and got some tablets from the chemist which are safe during pregnancy. Took one this morning and still feel awful. Just wondering if there is something better out there.
31
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 10:25
Hi Ladies, Hope there's room for one more here?! My first baby is due on July 8th and I'm with Dr Ivana @ Nicholas & Asp. Congrats to all you ladies on your impending arrivals :-) Liv
26
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 10:17
Thanks Plumie for the post.. must say you are brave..nr 2 is off the list for me for now! told my hubby the same and he was like we'll see... still trying to figure what triggers the nausea... seems to have turned into whole day now :-) so tired of feeling sorry for myself that decided from today.. no cribbing and no mopping... just take one day at a time. does look like we are all at city hospital... might end up meeting at the ante-natal classes... hehehehe...still have to research on those. has anyone taken those classes before? waiting to meet Dr. Elsa as everyone raves about her :) dr. jaimala at unicare so far has been most helpful.. her tips do help relieve the small problems.. was scheduled for the 12th week scan but went to her at 11.2 week so she said better to be back after the 12th.. said it is a beautiful scan where we will be able see the fists open and close! waiting for that, scheduled for sunday now.. totally off chicken and fish at the moment..both of which I used to love... give me a meat dish and that gets polished off in no time! my baby is going to turn out exactly like my hubby - the meat lover!
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 20:02
I am at City with Dr. Grace-love her! Ooh, I met Dr Grace once (when I was interviewing potential ob/gyn's), lovely lady! Is she permanently at City now or still practicing at DM Clinic? She has had very good reviews so you are in safe hands :)
169
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 19:58
Mexican shawarmas are exactly like the regular one but these have a special spicy sauce in them. I love the ones from Al Farooj (has branches in most mall foodcourts and the union co-op behind shangri-la) so gooood! I am at City with Dr. Grace-love her!
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 19:42
Yippeee!!! See I gold ya you had nothing to worry about LMOA-DXB :D Did you ever get the tummy tie? Is it helping? Mexican shawarmas - LOL that's a first! It's fizzy drinks for me, and I NEVER drink fizzy drinks! I hate the gunk I am putting into my system, but there is just something about the fizz and the bubbles that I have at least a can a day! Oh and welcome laura321! Sounds like most of us are delivering at City?! With Dr Elsa again, who is everyone else with?
576
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 18:11
Glad to hear it went well LMAO-DXB, so funny about the alien bit. I am currently addicted to mexican shawarmas and totally off sweets. Welcome megs79 amd laura321. Thanks Sami! And where do you get Mexican shawarmas from?? They sound amazing!!!
169
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 17:02
Glad to hear it went well LMAO-DXB, so funny about the alien bit. I am currently addicted to mexican shawarmas and totally off sweets. Welcome megs79 amd laura321.
576
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 16:21
Hey Ladies! Welcome to any new-comers! Hope everyone is doing ok! Havent had chance to get on here for a few days so just thought id pop a quickie on to say we went for our NT scan and everything is fine! :) SO relieved! And Dr Mirza was fine. He's definitely an information imparter rather than a chatter, but he was fine with us, and really informative as to what he was seeing on screen. Was fab seeing our little one wriggling around! DH just kept saying "Wow....it looks like an alien!!" Gota love 'em eh?! ;) Feeling much more relaxed and have started spreading the news. Just been reading one of the other threads and now want to go stick my head in a large bucket of ice cream!! :D
68
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 15 January 2012 - 16:00
Hi ladies, Im due on 29th July and going to City Hospital - so thought i would just say hi and jump on this group :)
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 12 January 2012 - 21:36
Welcome Megs79 :D Trust me, and I know this may sound cliche' - but once baby is here, you will forget all about the horrid morning sickness! Heck, look at me - had horrible nausea until late into my pregnancy and 9 months later baby Nr 2 was conceived ;) And I had a list long of some very unpleasant pregnancy symptoms with my first! Try to keep that appointment with Dr Elsa - she is worth her weight in gold! Had my first with her and delivering with her again! Once you are on "the books" getting your appointments will be easier! I only started consulting with her late into my first pregnancy, so it really does not matter when you start seeing her. So, we are back from SA where my nausea completely subsided! One day back in Dubai and bang - nausea back :\: Traced back everything I ate and drank (which was not much) and decided to cut out water (we have a Masafi water cooler at home) and the juice I drank! Bought a bottle of Aquafina today and still had the same juice - no nausea!!! So I finally (hopefully) found the culprit which was elevating my nausea - the Masafi water! So check the things which you are eating and drinking at home, as it could be something as simple as having your normal food & drink which could be triggering the morning sickness!
26
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 12 January 2012 - 12:11
Hello Everyone :) Finally going to join a group... I had read up the thread earlier but was so sick that couldn't type a single sentence! Due with my very 1st (long awaited one I must add!) on 31st July... so quite borderline... might end up joining the Aug 2012 group also :) So nice to know there are others out there who are also feeling as sick as I do. I have been in another world since my 6th week, totally zoned out. Was not even talking to anyone including poor hubby as that would make me retch. Had to take a week off work and just sleep in... in week 12 now and praying it gets better. I was put on anti-vomit medicine from week 6 as I couldn't keep a single meal down... that helped and brought down the daily count from all the time to once or twice a day :) decided to go off the meds over the weekend and back to square one. So now back to the meds and meeting my doc for the 12th week scan on Sat... will have to see what she recommends now. Going to Dr. Jaimala at Burjuman for now as for Dr. Elsa (City) there is wait list till March, so might switch to her in Mid-march.
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 11 January 2012 - 15:41
LMAO-DXB - think the cost was 800 including the CD! I've had Dr Mirza with my first pregnancy and a lady Dr with this scan! I've had no problems with Dr Mirza and a few other Mummies which I know, also had no issues with him! Go with an open mind, take everything which you have read with a pinch of salt, and base your review on your individual experience! Yes - his bed side manner is not the best, he is known to tell it like it is, and won't hold your hand if he has to bear bad news, HOWEVER - he is the best in the business! No need for a full bladder and the gender of your baby will only be revealed 16weeks+! At your 20 week anomaly scan it is normally 100% confirmed!
576
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 11 January 2012 - 13:26
Thanks for your reassuring words sami and plumie. Im sure it will all be fine, but just cant help being a little worried - things all seem to have been a little bit straightforwards so far (this is very rare for me, there's usually a catch somewhere along the way! ;) ) Our appt is at 08:30, so will check what time they open incase we can go a little earlier to get the paperwork done. Plumie, can you remember how much it all cost when you had yours? Did you see Dr Mirza? Thats who im booked in with and have heard some pretty mixed reviews about him recently. Also, do you need to have a full bladder for this one? I always hate those - when i need to go, i NEED TO GO!! could get messy! ;) Did you get to find out the *** of your baby at your NT? Sorry for all the questions! Will be glad when its all done and we've seen our baby properly and that all is well! Will keep you posted on how it goes! :) xx
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 11 January 2012 - 08:04
Sami - glad to hear your NT scan went well! Iv got mine on thurs and am feeling a bit anxious about it, so keeping everything crossed that it will all be fine! Did you go to the FMC for yours? Dont stress about it at all, I am sure things will go well. I had the test with Dr. George at ni9e medical- he was so very nice. Goodluck and keep us posted! LMAO-DBX - don't worry about your scan, all will be fine! It is quite detailed, and takes around 20/30min depending on how co-operative baby is ;) We had ours in December just before Xmas and one tip that i can give you, is go early if you are doing it at FMC! Our scan was scheduled at 11:30, we got there at 9:45 and started the process as in total, it takes about 1.5-2hrs. First there is the paper work, then blood test, then the scan, then you need to wait for the results of the blood test, then have your consultation where the blood results and scan are explained to you! By the time all was done, it was 12pm! It is a very exciting scan as your bean finally looks like a baby now!!! Keep us posted x
169
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 10 January 2012 - 14:36
Sami - glad to hear your NT scan went well! Iv got mine on thurs and am feeling a bit anxious about it, so keeping everything crossed that it will all be fine! Did you go to the FMC for yours? Dont stress about it at all, I am sure things will go well. I had the test with Dr. George at ni9e medical- he was so very nice. Goodluck and keep us posted!
576
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 09 January 2012 - 18:02
Sami - glad to hear your NT scan went well! Iv got mine on thurs and am feeling a bit anxious about it, so keeping everything crossed that it will all be fine! Did you go to the FMC for yours?
169
Posts
EW NEWBIE
Latest post on 09 January 2012 - 17:07
Welcome to the group plumie- i am due on July 4th as well ! Overall i feel well but very tired and sleepy between 6-9pm ofcourse when it is time to go to bed I am refreshed and cant seem to settle down. In terms of craving all i can dream of is white bread and avocados. Had my NT scan last week it went well and was quite excited to see the baby jumping around!
651
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 07 January 2012 - 23:52
Plumie....Thank you so much! Thats exactly it!! Was starting to wonder if i was making it up or going completely bonkers after the responses i had at the shops today! Thanks for the link - I may well love you forever for this!! :D Hope the lavender helps and you start getting some peaceful sleep again! xx Have not actually used it myself, so i hope it lives up to it's expectations! What i wouldn't give for a "nightmare free" sleep, however, it may just be something i have to ride out...blame it on the hormones :/: But will give the lavender a try when we are back in Dubai x
576
Posts
EW GURU
Latest post on 07 January 2012 - 23:32
Plumie....Thank you so much! Thats exactly it!! Was starting to wonder if i was making it up or going completely bonkers after the responses i had at the shops today! Thanks for the link - I may well love you forever for this!! :D Hope the lavender helps and you start getting some peaceful sleep again! xx
 
 

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY