No matter how long you've lived in Oman, there are some questions everyone heard at least once. Here are some you'll find familiar
10 January 2017| Last updated on 24 September 2017
Oman has welcomed in people from all over the world. But no matter where you’re from, there are some things that everyone experiences regardless of their background.
Every great country still has its quirks. Whether you’ve been here for a few months or many years, you probably said or heard most of these at least once!
1. Are you going to be there in real 5 minutes or Omani 5 minutes?
Everyone knows when you say you're almost there, it means you're really just starting to get ready.
2. Why is Al Fair called Spinney’s too?
A lingering thought since they day you found out they're the same company...
3. How long have you been in Oman?
With so many expats in the country, this is just a normal part of any new social interaction.
4. How fast is your internet?
The struggle is real...
5. Did you hear Ikea is coming to Muscat?
It's been years but hey, just keep getting hopelessly excited until it one day happens.
6. Why is the car park at Avenues Mall like a maze?
Admit it, you probably got lost there a few times...
7. How much to *destination*?
That's usually followed by "Nooo, that's way too much!"
8. When does the new airport open?
The anticipation is killing us.