Renewing your expired driving license? We have the necessary information for you.
18 July 2013| Last updated on 29 June 2017
The Oman driving license is valid for ten years. Many expatriates stay in Oman longer than this period and will have to renew their driving license. The steps to renew are easy to follow and the renewed license will be valid for an additional ten years.
Steps to follow to request the service
1. Filling in the application form of renewing a driving license with two photos.
2. Submitting the transaction to the concerned officer.
3. Officer checks data on the computer system.
4. Fees and fines are collected, if any. License is issued and handed over to the applicant.
List of Forms and procedures required:
1. The applicant must appear in person at the office.
2. Expatriates shall submit the sponsor’s signed and stamped approval on the application form.
3. A no objection letter and a copy of the ID Card of the sponsor if the expatriate is under individual sponsorship.
What documents are needed to process
1. An original and a copy of the ID Card or a passport for Omani nationals.
2. An original and a copy of Residence card for expatriates.
3. The original driving license.
Special conditions if any applicable
1. The applicant shall appear in person to do the eye test.
2. The license will be renewed according to the data fixed in the ID Card and Residence Card taking into consideration the category of the license for Expatriates.
3. If the category of the license or the category fixed by the Ministry of Manpower does not match the profession, the license will be withdrawn.
How long will it take and cost
Procedures will be finalized in (10 - 15) minutes. It is possible to renew your driving license a long time after it has expired, without incurring any additional fees. However, you will not be able to renew the Oman driving license without a valid residence visa. The cost of renewing a light vehicle license is OMR20.