The Oman Postal Service has a great & easy to navigate website regarding information about their postal servcie.
12 May 2013| Last updated on 11 December 2017
The Oman Postal Service has a great & easy to navigate website regarding information about their postal servcie so EW will just give you a brief overview with regards to what to expect from different postal services and also how to set up a post box. It is a simple process and does not require much time or documentation. According to the site all that one needs is a Civil ID or passport or residence card, this requirement is for expatriates only and Omani Nationals have different application procedures.
These are the different mail categories:
• Letters and cards of priority and non-priority
• Weight limits of one gram to 2 kg.
• Fees assessed by weight and the addressee’s country.
• This service is available at all post offices.
• Secured letters for which the sender is entitled to claim compensation when they are lost or missing part of their contents.
• Fess shall be calculated according to weight and the addressee’s country plus registration fee.
• Stickers placed on the letters with a view to clear them.
• Available at post offices from 50 Bz to RO 3.
• Fess shall be calculated according to weight and the addressee’s country.
Safe Deposit Boxes Correspondence
• Boxes those earmarked to deposit letters, and placed in places of population density to make it easier for the public to access to the post office.
• Free service.
PO Box applications and subscription fees
Private post boxes
• Private post boxes are situated at all post offices and public postal agencies and serves as a permanent and fixed address for the subscriber.
• For annual subscription.
• Subscription fees according to the Regulations of postal service Law.
• Lock change fee RO 5.
Movable private post boxes
• Cabin contains 40 private boxes, should be placed in shopping malls and residential complexes for the subscribers who do not have time to get to the post office.
• Post Boxes are available in two types (small and large).
• For annual subscription.
• Subscription fees: Ro 36 for individuals and RO 45 for Companies.
Post bags service
• Private Bag is a commercial service for companies, institutions and banks to deliver and transfer documents...etc in secure and convenient way between the Corporation and its subsidiaries.
• Post bags service should be under an annual contract between the company and the institution requesting the service.
• The contract should be renewed annually
• Value: RO 25 for each bag of maximum weight: 20 kg per month or RO 250 per year, for one bag per day.
P.O. Box Rates
For more information visit www.omanpost.om