Have you heard about chemical peels? Check out our guide on chemical peels in Dubai to see if this treatment is for you!
28 February 2021| Last updated on 4 May 2021
Aging, sun exposure and acne can have a negative effect on your skin, making it look wrinkled, uneven or scarred.
If you’d like to achieve smoother, younger-looking skin, a chemical peel at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre may be an ideal option for you.
They offer a full range of options to meet every need, whether you need a Milk Peel, Amelan Peel, TCA peel, Peel for Sagging skin, Acne peel, Peel for Acne Scars.
The chemical peel is one of the oldest cosmetic procedures in the world, and was performed in ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome to help people achieve smoother, more beautiful skin. Today, chemical facial peels are popular because they offer nearly immediate results and can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
What Is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a facial resurfacing treatment where chemicals are used to destroy skin cells in a controlled way, allowing new skin to be exposed.
The purpose of chemical peel is to remove dull surface skin cells, which leads to an improvement in fine lines, acne, discoloration and more. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, hands, underarms, bikini, elbows, and knees. These days, many peels can be performed during all seasons of the year. But for some medium and deep peels, fall and winter are optimal seasons to get it.
Types of Chemical Peels
There are three different types of chemical peels that you can get. These include:
It only penetrates the outermost layer of skin, treats mostly mild skin problems, improves skin tone and texture, and gives a radiant glow to the skin.
Requires less recovery time and can be done before an occasion. Visible results after one session, but a full course includes 4-6 session scheduled 7-10 days apart.
Mild peels include Skin Renewal Peel, Milk Peel, and Brightening Peel.
Reaches the middle and outer layers of the skin. This makes it more effective for removing damaged skin cells, helps to remove facial lines, scars, and reduces pores, melasma, and pigmentation.
However, it has a downtime of 4-7 days.
Multiple treatments are usually needed for full effects, 3-4 sessions 2 weeks apart.
Medium-depth peels in Dubai include Biorevitalization Peel, Peel for Sagging skin, Acne Peel, Acne Scars Peel, Pink Intimate Peel, TCA peel, and Amelan Peel.
These fully penetrate the middle layer of the skin to remove damaged skin cells. They can be used to remove deep scars or wrinkles, serious acne and stubborn age spots.
A deep chemical peel usually provides results with only one peel, however it causes some downtime 15-30 days. The peel can be repeated in 6-12 months.
Benefits of chemical peels in Dubai
Benefits of a chemical peel treatment include:
- General complexion rejuvenation - The peels provide a more refined, smoother, and brighter complexion. Improves the general appearance and feel of skin with only one treatment.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation - Mild and deep chemical peels can be used to treat sunspots, dark spots, freckles, melasma, and pigmentation problems.
- Treats acne, acne scars, and blemishes - Certain types of chemical peels will help to control acne breakouts, plus reduce scarring from past blemishes.
- Anti-aging - A medium-peel might be enough to soften lines that are moderate, while a deep peel is the best option for deeper wrinkles. These days, chemical peels target sagging skin as well, but for best results advise a combination of ultrasound, radiofrequency (Hifu, Exilis, Rejuve), and chemical peel.
Side effects of chemical peels
Chemical peel side effects can potentially include:
- Stinging, numbness, and burning sensation on the skin.
- Skin peeling, including excessive peeling if you have a medium-depth or deep.
- Redness, which can range from the color of a mild sunburn to a deeper red, depending on the peel depth.
- Rarely crusting or scabbing of the skin, due to skin cells being removed.
What is the recovery time for chemical peels?
Chemical peel recovery time ultimately depends on factors like the type of chemical peel you had, your age, and any reaction you may have had to the chemicals used.
After a medium or deep peel, it’s very important to protect your skin from the sun as much as possible to prevent potentially permanent changes in skin texture and color and to prolong results.
Cost of chemical peels in Dubai
The cost of getting a chemical peel varies substantially, depending on which type of peel you choose and where it’s performed.
At Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre, the average price per session is:
- For mild and medium peel - AED 500 - 600. Packages prices also available;
- For a deep peel per session - AED 2200
Wondering which peel is good for you and if you are a right candidate for a chemical peel?
Book a free consultation with skincare specialist at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre by calling the number below, or tapping 'Click to Contact'.
You might also be interested in...
- Hyperpigmentation in Dubai: How to Treat It With Amelan Peel
- Dry Winter Skin: Eczema, Psoriasis, and Tips to Prevent It
- Skin Boosters: What Are They and How Does it Benefit Your Skin?
- AquaGold Treatment in Dubai: Introducing the Red Carpet Facial
- Best Cellulite Treatment in Dubai: Get Rid of Cellulite with BTL Emtone®
- HydraFacial in Dubai: Are You Ready to Glow?
- What Is Melasma (Chloasma or Mask of Pregnancy)?
- Body Contouring: How You Can Freeze Fat and Tighten Skin in Dubai
- All About Microdermabrasion in Dubai: Procedure, Price, Where to Get
- Rosacea in Dubai: How to Identify and Treat It According to Experts